Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo P50 dead with burned motherboard

Hello.
    I received a P50 in very good shape that is dead and smelled burned board when on power supply.
    I strip it and found a heavily burned area, there should be some cap but now are smoke.
    Not sure where the one copper trace stops and starts the next, they seem mixed probably due to heat, this is my main problem as i'm not sure where should i solder what, so any help is appreciated.
    Schematics & boardview here

Pictures os the affected area attached below.
    Not sure if it can be saved but i'll give it a try.
    Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files

First check resistance to GND on both pads of the burnt area.

Comment

Well this is my main problem. I don't figure where the one pad ends and starts the other, they seem like one.
      Anyway i took some measurements, the red area is grounded, the blue area is 170Ω
      Attached Files

Comment

A user was kind enough to sent me picture of the affected area to understand how the traces should be.

Seems like the blue and hald red are the same rrqce and red is divided in the middle.
        Attached Files

Comment

Bump

Comment

You received the picture for the area, showing where things are connected. Why the need to uselessly bump the thread ? Can´t you solve it with the picture provided ? In that case, post clear images of what is your problem.

Comment

I'm not sure where to digide the bottom trace (the red marked area on picture #1) as it seems like one and after divide where to inject voltage to trace the other short.

Comment

Working...
              X