gl731g no usb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gl731g no usb

Hello, I'm currently stumped as I have this Asus laptop and none of the three usb's work ( all on one side in a row ) they is no IO board so no other usb's to use. I've checked all the 0 ohm resistors and they are good I replaced the PMIC and that did nothing. I'm looking at the low dropout regulator which is the last major thing in close proximity the issue is I don't know how to begin testing it and don't want to keep replacing stuff hands over fist. (G9661). Does anyone know what im missing? also the USBs dont work atall cant boot off a flash drive and bios says USB N/A in two slots.

Re: gl731g no usb

Do you have a VBUS voltage of 5 volts on the USB connectors?

Comment

no 5v to usb aswell as all caps lining the ports are shorted to ground

Comment

Post a pic of the area with these parts.

Trace the USB connector vbus pin to the closest USB load switch. Often, the low quality USB load switch will be damaged and must be replaced. They are very inexpensive but being an Asus board, the schematics are rare to find. You can use diode mode to hunt down the load switch.

Meter in diode mode will tone beep if the probes are shorted. Next, one probe on Vbus connector pin. Other probe to nearby parts till you hear a tone beep.

Suspecting the USB load switch will be 5-6 pins and likely sot23-5/sot23-6 package.

Share the topside markings of the load switch after it is found.

Comment

See attached - your board layout may be similar.

If it is, share the topside markings of this IC (USB load switch).
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

What are the topside markings of this component?

Comment

C34ah

Comment

This appears to be an ESD transient suppressor. Flux and remove off the board with your hot air tool to remove it from the equation.

Continue to trace the VBUS pin to other nearby components to locate the USB load switch.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X