Asus prime z390-a rev1.02 bios need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus prime z390-a rev1.02 bios need

Hi everyone, i tryied to update bios on my motherboard from 1802 to 2002 and that did not well, this bricked my mobo. Can someone send me a working bios.bin?

Re: Asus prime z390-a rev1.02 bios need

i downloaded bios from asus official page, then i use uefi tool to extract bios .bin from .cat but still. Computer turning on, led cpu light, then dram light but then nothing. Everytghing was after update bios, i make a pictrue old version old bios, then downloaded new... bios flashed 100% then pc says it will make a restart. But then nothing, now idk what to do, new bios programed from official page asus, and zero changes. Can someone help me pls?

Comment

here is this broken bios, But can this flashing bios damage something else?
      Attached Files

Comment

ASUS Prime Z390-A bios 2004
        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

still not working,and now on the original bios it doesn't start at all. So there have been some changes, but still no display

Comment

Originally posted by WhyINeedAccount123 View Post
            still not working,and now on the original bios it doesn't start at all. So there have been some changes, but still no display
            What model is your programmer,are you using a clip or have you desoldered the chip.Did you remove the CMOS battery
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I use ezp2010 programmer, i solder chip to special board for this programmer. Yes, i always remowe cmos battery

Comment

I use ezp2010 programmer, i solder chip to special board for this programmer. Yes, i always remowe cmos battery
                I don`t see version 2002 at asus support. Try the 1802 version
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Sorry, I made a mistake when writing the post. The bios version to which I updated my motherboard is 2004. I tried to flash the 1802 version from asus. But still no change. In the 2004 bios change notes you can see "Update Intel ME firmware." I think something went wrong here. Returning to the original bios chip, after soldering it, the computer works, I just soldered it wrong before. No bios works, all the time the computer turns on without a picture, I've tried probably 10 bios, but nothing.
                  Last edited by WhyINeedAccount123; 12-18-2022, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Maybe ec after this update has problem?

Comment

Maybe ec after this update has problem?
                      Have you checked your soldering and for broken traces, or missing resistors

Comment

Yes, i checked. But when i update bios it may have been broke traces?
                        I dont understand what happened, bios may be faulty, but something else can be damaged? WHY the startup doesn't go further than this ram?
                        Last edited by WhyINeedAccount123; 12-19-2022, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Yes, i checked. But when i update bios it may have been broke traces?
                          I dont understand what happened, bios may be faulty, but something else can be damaged? WHY the startup doesn't go further than this ram?
                          The traces could have been damaged when you desoldered and resoldered the chip.Did the programmer verify after writing.Try another chip

Comment

Test programmer verify chip "ok".
                            At start i used new chip...

Comment

Maybe the TPU/iRog firmware needs flashing.The chip size should be 64KB,512KB or 2MB. Post backups or compare with the attached FW extracted from bios version 2004

More info about TPU FW https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/so...e-guid/32418/3
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-19-2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Just recovered my newly 'acquired' ASUS PRIME Z390-A ! Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X