GA-AB350M-DS3H dump and doubt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA-AB350M-DS3H dump and doubt

Hey guys! I have a client who needed a BIOS update in order to use a Ryzen 5 5xxx series CPU on his Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H motherboard, since it had version F23.

I downloaded version F31, since it was the newest one that the official site suggests in order to update to F40 and then to F51g in order to fully support the CPU.

I "succesfully" installed F31, but when the PC rebooted, it never posted again. Now I have a bricked motherboard.

Is there a way to make any of the downloadable BIOS versions dumpable? Can I simply dump "AB35MDSH.51g" into the BIOS chip using my CH341A programmer? Or should I use a BIOS from a working system?

Thank you!

Tomorrow I will attach the BIOS to this post, since I haven´t had the time to dump the broken BIOS today.

Re: GA-AB350M-DS3H dump and doubt

Well, I´m answering myself since I succesfully fixed the bricked motherboard.

1) The BIOS can be directly programmed into the chip without modification and it will work.

2) My ch341a software only recognized the chip name (MXIC), but no model nor size was detected, however, I looked it up on the internet and found that it was a 128Mbit chip, consistent with the 16MB size of the .51g BIOS.

3) For some reason, BIOS versions above version 27 caused the same issue: no POST. However, I dumped version 27 on the chip and, with the help of a colleage who resoldered the chip after I ripped one of the 8 contacts on the motherboard, it POSTED after about 30 seconds of the first time I powered on the system.

Comment

Working...
    X