Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S3 Graphics LS3440 - Analogue not working on both DVI-I ports

Hi Guys,

Weird one here. I have a special GPU made by DFI (Model LS3440) from an Arcade gaming machine. The GPU uses the S3 440 GTX Chipset, and has dual DVI-I ports. For some reason, the analogue has stopped working on both outputs (DVI-I to VGA cable). DVI-D and digital outputs work fine, just the analogue that has stopped working.

Now, I could get around this by using Active cables to convert the signal over to Digital, but its got me wondering exactly what the issue could be. I have inspected the GPU and DVI ports under my microscope, but nothing stands out. Because this GPU is from the arcade industry, relevant schematics and such information are very locked down.

I have tried alternative cables, I have personally seen this card work fine before on both digital and analogue, customer tells me it started with 1 Port then very quickly both ports. I have attached a datasheet which also contains an image of the card, just wondering if there is anything obvious I can test here. I don't really work on GPU's, but I am intrigued on this one.

Kind regards
    James

Attached Files

Just bumping this thread in case it was missed, has anyone got any suggestions? 😀

Comment

Working...
    X