Gigabyte 8IHXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte 8IHXP

A P4 mainboard, pictures courtesy of user mrzeld from DFI forum.

I dont really blame the MB manufacturer (Giga-byte 8IHXP). it was a really great MB while it lasted. i ran seti@home 24/7 for about 3 years on it. that is what i think killed it. sure it could have used better caps, but i never let it rest either (except for turning it off occasionally while i was on vacation).

His post and opinions stated above clearly say that people are somewhat used to the idea that computers won't last.

With opinions like these it is no wonder the computer companies don't pay attention to the caps issues. Why they should? If the mobo die, user have to buy a new one - good for bussines - bad for user...
    "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
    "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

Re: Gigabyte 8IHXP

Probably GSC crap...

Comment

There appears to be one failed Ruby MBZ (?) next to two good Sango WGs - probably due to the cascading effect of the other failed caps. However, all the WGs on Vcore are intact - the less-stressed caps (Nichicon HN/HN?) on the VRM input seem to have failed. That would point to bad caps in the PSU secondary-side.

Comment

That's probably GSC too - I've seen them on GigaByte boards before, they look like Rubycon at first sight, until you see the brand on the other side

Comment

Power supply caps need to be checked. Common cause.
          Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Ultra Reliable (Power saver)
          Intel E8400 (3000Mhz) Bios temps. 4096Mb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12
          160Gb WD SATAII Server grade
          Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
          160Gb WD eSATAII Server grade for backup.
          Samsung 18x DVD writer
          Pioneer 16x DVD writer + 6x Dual layer
          33 way card reader
          Windows XP Pro SP3
          Thermaltake Matrix case with 430W Silent Power
          17" Benq FP737s LCD monitor
          HP Officejet Pro K5300 with refillable tanks

Comment

those gsc dont need any help to fail.
            but check the psu anyway.badcaps are common in cheap and some not so cheap psu.

Comment

These boards came with variations of GSC, OST, GLuxon and Choyo amongst the Sanyo's (sometimes PaniFJ) (on the 2.1 revision anyway)
              See https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=376 for my experience recapping this board. Still going strong.
              Since recapping, it has never been so stable.

Comment

Working...
              X