Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvida GeForce 5200

Hi All,

I Have A GeForce 5200 That Has 3--3.6v Split Caps....

Where Can I Find Them To Buy?
    Let Me Know!!!!!
    Thanks, cookieCAM (Cam)--Updated:March 2011

Re: Nvida GeForce 5200

https://www.badcaps.net/store/index.php ...?

Comment

Premade Kits-> (52)
      Rubycon (32)
      Samxon (35)
      Nichicon (3)
      Polymer Caps (7)
      Soldering Tools
      Hardware For Sale
      Systems For Sale
      Repair Services

Wich Cat.

Comment

I'm A nOOb.......Sorry

Comment

Please post ALL the info written on the caps. The capacitance, indicated in uf, voltage, maker and series. Photos are best. Need also to know if they are surface mount or through hole.

Post some pictures and we can tell you waht to use as replacements.

Comment

Assuming that this is an AGP card...

Hate to say it but those old 5200 cards are almost beyond the point of being economically feasible to repair. The performance of the 5200 GPU absolutely sucks (but still beating most integrated graphics solutions) and last time I checked used cards in working order can be purchased off Ebay for less than $15 and a slightly slower Geforce 4 MX-440 Dell pull for $7-8.

If you would like to try and repair the card anyways I would look at radio shack or perhaps a local electronics repair place to try and source the caps locally... just keep in mind that as long as the values are similar and you can fit them on the card (larger size is OK u might have to do a little creative bending on the leads) they should work. Reason for local sourcing is if you attempt to order replacements online once shipping costs are factored in the grand total could exceed the replacement value of the card... not to mention the fact that if your card is already dead the caps might not bring it back to life.

If for whatever reason you choose or are forced to seek a replacement and you decide to stick with your current motherboard look for a Geforce 6600GT for around $25 on Ebay or perhaps a 6200 in the $15-20 range. The 6600GT has support (and the horsepower to back it up) for purevideo and some other eyecandy that'll make your streaming online video look much nicer. The 6200 supposedly has support for these features but lacks the chutzpah to properly implement them. Performance wise the 6600GT is roughly that of a low end ATI Radeon HD series card say a 2400, 3450, or 4350 just without the additional DX10 support.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Lurker View Post
              If you would like to try and repair the card anyways I would look at radio shack or perhaps a local electronics repair place to try and source the caps locally...
              With regular gas at ~$3 a gallon here, I don't see how driving around town and looking for local places will be much cheaper. And chances are, those local places won't sell low ESR caps either (which is what you will need if you want to have a greater chance of success at repairing this video card).
              Buying capacitors from Radio Shack is even worse - they are not low ESR and they are expensive, running you almost $1 per cap.

Save yourself the trouble. Either buy proper caps online (which will very likely cost less than $10), or get a new video card.

Personally, I'm a fan of fixing things, even if the repair costs almost as much as the new item.
              If nothing else is wrong with the video card other than the bad caps, new caps should make it work again.
              If you do go that route, post all of the info written on the caps, as bigbeark mentioned so that we can help you find replacements.

Comment

I'll Check Raido Shack.
                I Was Fixing A Lady At Works Computer So It Had This Prob. And I Bought a New Card And Took This.

Gas Where I Am Is $3.51 (Thank You Obama,Thank You Libya)

It's Somewhere I Can't Go To Get It....So I Try To Find A Pic.

Thanks,Cam

Comment

How Do I Put A Pic In A Post?
                  Got A Pic.

Comment

Go to FAQ, (it's the first thread in the first section of the forum)
                    Last edited by delaware74b; 03-04-2011, 07:59 PM.
                    Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Comment

delaware74b

I'm Sending U A PM.

Comment

Check Your PM's When You Have A Sec Please,delaware74b

Comment

http://www.gpureview.com/how-to-fix-...ticle-798.html

It is a brick anyway, I have heard of people refixing GPU'S by baking them in the oven. Its a long shoot but................
                          X99 5930K
                          X99-gaming 9
                          EVGA 1080 Vanilla
                          Gskill 16GBRip JAWS@2400
                          SSD'S
                          Corsair AX1200

Comment

Working...
                          X