Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asrock N68c-gs fx power on no display

Good day,

My desktop computer has weird problem when I power on the POST display and just stuck in there when i hard reset by plugging out the power cord and plug in it will not display anymore but the fan spinning no beeps.Does anyone has an idea what to fix?Is this a bios issue?or motherboard fault.Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Asrock N68c-gs fx power on no display

We need more details of what you did in terms of troubleshooting so far.

First, have you tried removing all attached hardware except the basics? (That is, try the board only with CPU and RAM.) Try using the onboard GPU, and if that doesn't seem to work, try a PCI-E GPU.

Next, did you check the old PSU for bad caps or better yet, did you try another PSU?

Another suggestion: did you try using different / known good RAM yet? Also, sometimes it could help to just plug and unplug the RAM a few times to clear any contacts issue (can happen in damp / high-humidity climates.) I see this board offers both DDR2 and DDR3 RAM options. You should try both (that is, either DDR2 or DDR3... but NOT at the same time, obviously.)

Could I assume you have tried resetting the BIOS and checking the small CR2032 CMOS battery already? If not, do that too.

If you remove the RAM from the board, does it beep an error code at you (make sure you have a speaker connected to the the front speaker header if the board doesn't have a built-in buzzer.)

Finally, have you checked for bad caps?
    Older AsRock like this is pretty much an ASUS build... and generally, ASUS uses good capacitors or at least very decent brands. But looking at the stock pictures of the board, I do see some OST on there. So I won't exclude the caps as being the issue at this point.
    With that said, could you post pictures of your motherboard?

If all of the above checks have been performed, then I'm most inclined to think it's the nVidia (GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a) chipset that is the issue here. I have a board based on a similar chipset, and it runs HOT even with a much bigger heatsink. If the one on this board ran hotter (I can definitely see if with that small heatsink), chances are that it's on it's way out or dead already.

That's about all I can give you with the info you presented us here though. Until I have more, I can't give more sepcifics.
    Last edited by piernov; 09-30-2023, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your response sir,

I have here some photos to upload.I tried to power it On outside the casing it will power on on the first attemp as shows on the picture but after the next boot it will not display anymore no beeps, the keyboard capslock not responding tried replace other psu put ram on another slut and replace a good one to no avail.If I leave it there off unplug the power cord for 24hours or so i will turn back on again and same process after restart no display again, I don't know what the debug card error is,is it not a bios issue? Please helpme if anyone has an idea how to fix i will appreciate it much.

Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Check Nvidia MCP datecode.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Please sir enlighten me what does it mean check nvdia mcp datecode and how to perform it. I'm sorry its my first time I encounter the term. Thanks alot

Comment

Originally posted by jodans View Post
            Please sir enlighten me what does it mean check nvdia mcp datecode and how to perform it. I'm sorry its my first time I encounter the term. Thanks alot
            Clean the chipset die and post a high res photo.

However, chances are high that you will need to replace the chip with a similar one that has a newer date code.
            Main rig:
            Gigabyte B75M-D3H
            Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
            Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
            16GB DDR3-1600
            Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
            FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
            120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
            Delux MG760 case

Comment

Working...
            X