Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell E2209Wf 2 seconds to black

Great forum...

I opened up my Dell E2209Wf monitor and in the process of removing one of the CCFL connectors I pulled one of the wires out. Anyone have a source for these? I need the male end.

I did get a broken screen from a local repair guy and have used that to test the CCFL's (it had one good one in it). I get the 2-3 seconds to black when replacing each of the 4 in the Dell monitor. There is a slight buzzing sound when the CCFL is on.

Is the typical process just to replace the Caps and go from there? There seem to be only 5 of them to replace on this board.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell E2209Wf 2 seconds to black

Why not take a lead from the broken screen and splice the wires? Use a couple of layers of shrink tube and you should be ok. Did the test lamp light up completely in each of the four sockets? If it did, then I would replace the caps and try it. If it didn't then I might suspect the transformer.

Jerry

Comment

The spare lit up fine in all 4 slots. My back up plan was to use the spare connector but it doesn't have the little retaining clip and seems a bit loose in the socket. I'll replace the caps and see what happens.

Thanks.

Comment

Update: I replaced the caps on the inverter board and nothing changed - still 2 seconds to black. I found an old monitor that had two back light connectors and hooked them up to two of the four on the broken monitor. The first two I tried did nothing (2 sec to blk). When I swapped them for the other two, the back light on the broken monitor and the test monitor both worked fine - no 2 seconds to black.

I assume this implies that 2 of my 4 back lights are having trouble?

Comment

no, it means they are all bad - but 2 are worse.
          i mean, they are all the same age!

so you need new tubes, or an led kit.

Comment

Working...
          X