Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 1905FP Won't Turn On

Originally posted by ryszardx View Post
    Is there a value for on board testing - i.e. resistance unpowered in primary and secondary?
    Primaries should be 0.3 ohms. Secondaries will range from 250 to 1500 ohms depending on the transformer. Post your results and we can help interpret.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
      . Did you connect a full set of CCFLS?. If so, were they all the same brightness?

I'm now suspecting a bad (arcing) transformer.

PlainBill
      Have you tried what PlainBill sugested?
      If you don't have a ring tester you may be able to prove the coil as being a problem, by looking for a difference in the brightness of the flash of the backligts, on each individual transformer.
      Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

PlainBill I connected a full set they didn't stay on long enough but at what I could see they were equally bright

Comment

both transformers had the same results:
          @.5 ohms at the primary and @450 ohms at the secondary.

Comment

PlainBill I connected a full set they didn't stay on long enough but at what I could see they were equally bright
            Reading through other 1905 FP threads; one had an issue of bad solder joint at the back light on pin.
            Can you see if the BL on voltage stays the same when the lamps turn off?
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

both transformers had the same results:
              @.5 ohms at the primary and @450 ohms at the secondary.
              These readings suggest that the inverter transformer is likely good. However, I should point out that this test is not 100% accurate for reasons described by PlainBill at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...39&postcount=9
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Excellent breakdown on inverter transformers!
                I noticed no one mentioned the 2 transistors in the inverter circuit. Are they discounted for whatever reason.

Comment

I noticed no one mentioned the 2 transistors in the inverter circuit. Are they discounted for whatever reason.
                  This thread is long overdue for some pictures. Please attach clear focused pictures of all your boards using the manage attachments feature. Please do not post inline.

Then we can see the 2 transistors in question.
                  Last edited by retiredcaps; 04-12-2011, 04:36 PM.
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I uploaded a number of photos of the boards.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You have 4 transistors sandwiched in between the 2 transformers, but I can't make out the PCB designation because your photos are not clear enough.

They might be c5707s. You can test them "in circuit" without desoldering them for shorts. Measure the ohms between B-C, C-E, B-E. Any reading less than 30 ohms suggests a shorted transistor.
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

They are 13n07 4c37e. I checked them in circuit and they check out >30 ohms.

Comment

Any more ideas to help get this monitor up and running!

Comment

Does anyone have a replacement IPS board for sale for the Dell 1905FP?

Comment

They are 13n07 4c37e. I checked them in circuit and they check out >30 ohms.
                              What is the exact ohm reading you are reading on these transistors?

Comment

q105 - G-D =12M, G-S = 17.4M, D-S =10.8K
                                q106 - G-D =13.5M, G-S = 17.5M, D-S =12K
                                q107 - G-D =14.8M, G-S = 17.3M, D-S =10.7K
                                q108 - G-D =14M, G-S = 17M, D-S =10.7K

Comment

Could you try to get a better picture of the bottom side of the Inv/PS
                                  Overall straight down without a flash, and more in focus?

Comment

Here's a back and front of the board. The board was slightly tilted. I can reshoot if you need it. Ran out of time today. Thanks Rich

Comment

I am getting security token error uploading my photos. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

I am getting security token error uploading my photos. I'll try again tomorrow.
                                        If you have a really good camera, that's 10m or better you're going to into your camera settings and reduce it down to about 5m.Then with some type of photo editor reduce the picture down to 2000x2000 that should allow you to post pictures using managed attachments.

Comment

For a small footprint photo editor and viewer, Viewprint Pro is hard to beat. And the price is right - free.

PlainBill
                                          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                                          X