Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEK fuse specifications

Hi,
    I'm repairing a pioneer amplifier and all the fuses have been removed, the service manual has part numbers but no fuse specifications. The fuses are all AEK with three numbers, is there a specification sheet for these AEK fuses?

list the amplifier and whats on the fuses
    i presume nothing is printed on the boards

Comment

The amp is a pioneer sa530, there are 4 internal fuses all of which are missing, the board is marked fu1, fu2, fu3, and fu4.
      I'm guessing one is mains voltage and the others are for the voltage rails or speaker protection. Initially I propose to use 2 amp fuses with a current limited supply while I check out the rest of the amp. Hopefully by then I can replace them with the correct values. I still have lots to learn with this new hobby.

Comment

ok here you go .. just work out which model yours is . Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2024-07-09 19-46-43.png Views:	0 Size:	63.4 KB ID:	3305937
        Last edited by petehall347; 07-09-2024, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

the T is time delay .the others quick blow .

Comment

be careful here if this is your model ..
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2024-07-09 19-52-29.png
Views:	60
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	3305943

Comment

this should help ..
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2024-07-09 19-54-53.png
Views:	64
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	3305946

Comment

other than all fuses being T variant anti-surge that is the most unclear shit i'v ever seen - and i'v seen a lot of japanese manuals!

Comment

i thought it was straight forward after finding the right page . there appears different views on the speaker fuses depending on the model . there is choice of regular fuses and time delay .

Comment

AEK-xxx is just pioneer's part number like there c42, c43 caps are ACH-239 (5600µf42v)
                      FU2, FU3 are in the L, R output so output transistors may be bad.
                      Last edited by R_J; 07-09-2024, 06:14 PM.

Comment

voltage selector fuses can cause sparks and more if both fuse holders are occupied .this is why i said be careful with that model

Comment

make sure you buy ceramic fuses, not glass ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X