Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha stagepass 500

Hi all,
    Looking for advice please, regarding those 2( film capacitor?? - honestly not too confident if are film capacitors). Short version of story : I bought a stagepass 500 active speakers, and found those components nearly blown. I know they are 1= L 125. Any advice where I could find them to buy, and also what else could lead to this fault?( I have a multimeter and soldering iron and I can get fixed if someone could give me some instructions)
    Thanks all

Those caps that look like a woman's handbag are called Mylar capacitors. This one is a 1.25uF 50V 5%. Just match something film up, jam it in there and call it a day. I also added the service manual, you may need it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much. Seem that can't find anywhere. Sent message to a lot of electronics components and not in stock anymore. There is any equivalent ( I jnow on the capacitor replacement is recommended to keep the uf value even if is a slightly bigger voltage) what I can use or maybe someone here have for sale? ( Willing to pay parts +postage)
      Thank you

Comment

I found plenty 1.2 and specifically 1.5's @ Newark Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
          I found plenty 1.2 and specifically 1.5's @ Newark Canada.
          Where about you find please? Can I have a link? Seem that in UK are not available anymore. Moser offered an alternative but I am not confident. https://eu.mouser.com/c/passive-comp...%20dc=50%20VDC
          And this type of answer got from most of suppliers
          Thanks

Comment

Newark Canada. https://canada.newark.com/c/passive-...rs/prl/results

Search for 1.2 and or 1.5 in the left bar.

like this one:
            https://canada.newark.com/panasonic/...ial/dp/49W0256

The size may be different, so you may have to bend the legs a little.

Here a 1.5uF 100V from Mouser.
            https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/...orG2PYTQ%3D%3D
            Last edited by CapLeaker; 05-15-2024, 04:29 AM.

Comment

It is better to go for 1.5? I can see it is just a bit high than 1.25. anyway, i(n couple of days I could have a neighbours .... pleasure 😁🤣) . In idea the 1.2 is 0.5 lower. Sorry with so many questions. I really appreciate. Your help

Comment

I don't think it matters much as it is close enough. 1.5 seems to be an easier find than 1.2uF. If you include worst tolerances they aren't much off. Order a couple. Look at the schematic I attached, find the amp board and that capacitor and check around if everything else is still in speck. Other than that, give them neighbours a nice long sound check.

Comment

Thank you CapLeaker , just replaced the capacitors, but no changes. Doesn't wanted to switch ON. How I push the switch in ON position, in 1 second I can hear a click and is switching OFF. Any Ideas what to check?
                  Can't see anything blown/damaged, nothing smelling as burned.

Comment

I suppose it could be very well something else being wrong with that amp. That cap didn't go poof for no reason. It turns on and goes click and off? Is it some sort of protection mode? There supposed to be an error LED somewhere I think it is tied with the power LED. Look at the block diagram. There is a troubleshooting chart in the service manual. By rights, start with the PSU and verify all voltage rails are there. Try maybe disconnect that broken amp board and just let her run on the other one and see if she starts. My guess it that there is a shorted transistor (s) and maybe a few bad resistors on that amp board. After all, the amp needs to be able to protect itself if it detects DC on the output or over current.

Comment

Working...
                    X