Saeco SG200E Coffee Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saeco SG200E Coffee Machine

Hello. Have a known good Saeco SG200E Coffee machine but the internal hose from the pump were disconnected. Would someone be kind enough to share a few clear pics of the inside of this machine so we can reconnect the hose plumbing again? Many thanks.

Did Saeco go out of business? Their website is only in Europe and made countless attempts to get service. This client should have purchased a quality machine from China. Philips (locally) has turned this into another turd pile of a design. The phone number for this division rings and immediately has a busy tone.

Comment

https://saeco.com/
      https://www.saecoprofessional.com/en/home

and the Russians to the rescue - as usual with such stuff:
      https://infovend.ru/

Comment

lots of manuals
        https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sg200e&t=opera&ia=web

Comment

Thanks but we have those very grainy manuals for the SG200E. The issue is that we are unable to make out how the white hoses interconnect inside of the machine using the same referenced manuals. A local tech has some contacts who may be able to assist and he has requested some pix of the inside of our machine. Will gather the pix on Monday. Was hoping that is a hose wiring diagram on the internet but unable to locate one so far.

Comment

without pictures i dont know the problem
            cant you working it out by following the logical path of the water from the inlet?

Comment

Thank you. Please see attached.

Trying to figure out the proper hose plumbing - note the disconnected hoses as well. The unit worked fine before the purchase but someone disconnected hoses that should not have and here we are..

Attached Files

Comment

the hose with the long section not discoloured looks like a "waste" pipe for overpresure on the inlet maybe.
                the other one with the 3way joiner on it makes me think stuff is missing

Comment

the long one could also go to the upper left but it doesnt look like it ever had a clamp on it

so who was the asshole who messed inside it?
                  you normally only decouple the water inlet to move a vending machine

Comment

o.k. i got it atleast a bit.
                    the long hose goes to the tank inlet upper left,
                    the tank is a cistern style with a flat-valve/switch
                    the other pipe on that tank is coming off and the hose-clamp is missing - so whoever drained it is a complete cunt.

Comment

Somebody wants to make money and get called in to fix the "leak".
                      I can see the fill solenoid tube should connect up to the cistern tank. But it has the rod inside and looks instead like a tank overflow port, not a fill port?
                      The tank (drain?) port tube goes to a Tee and I'm not sure where it goes. Can't see where the drain is.
                      The one ground wire is loose, I hope it's for the rear panel. Pic is OP's but smaller file size:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2364_enh.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	3270921

I can find Saeco-Philips service manuals elecktrotanya but they all have names as well as model numbers, and no plumbing/water diagrams, only electrical.

Comment

Thanks guys. After more digging, finding assorted tidbits on the internet including:

Saeco Rubino Setup Guide Part 2 (youtube.com)

After watching this video, the red pipe mates with the outside water inlet and the topside clear hose attaches to the upstairs reservoir's bottom nipple.

Not sure where the 2 way splitter junction (bottom right of the pic) travels.

I think we may have just found a hose diagram but still staring it down and will post it here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2371.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	3270946 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2372.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	3270947 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2373.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	3270948

Rubino-200.pdf

Attached Files
                        Last edited by mon2; 05-14-2024, 02:05 PM.

Comment

the reason for the fill hose going into the tank with a long internal bit is to fill the tank from the top so if there is a water pressure loss it wont backfeed from the tank to the mains.

Comment

The think the cistern tank has 3 ports at the bottom. Fill, overflow, drain. I guess it fills from the top via the long post inside.
                            But that means the outside port to the bottom of the tank is not an overflow, would not connect to the Y" if it's the drain/overflow Y.
                            Also weird the water solenoid has a big outlet and a smaller tube on the side.
                            The machine bottom has a grommet hole, it must be where the drain (pan?) is and the fitting pops into.

Comment

The bottom half of the machine features a drain water pail and a water tank to allow this unit to be stand alone without the need of a water connection. This unit will have a water feed so no need for the stand alone option. The YT video notes the water pump and the backside being referenced as a 'regulator'. Not sure how that works since there is a connection on the topside and also a backside? Personally know of a traditional water solenoid for my kitchen touch faucet.

Comment

the tank is gravity pressure so it will feed the boiler, the smaller direct tap from the inlet may be a purge line to clean coffee out of the lines from the filter to the cup nozzle.
                                you have to remember these machines need to self-clean because they can sit unused for hours or days.

i know they are obsolete but i prefer the older "in-cup" vendors that just dispensed hot or cold water into the cup.
                                much simpler to work with

Comment

Working...
                                X