Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siemens induction panel PCB burnt

Hi,
    this is a Siemens induction panel, one side seems damaged, I attached both good and burnt picture to compare. I'm not sure what those rectangles a are for, but they are connected by a solder. That seems to be what got burnt, so I'm wondering it that was some kind of a protection. Do I just try to re-solder them?
    Thanks,
    Daniel
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jm1234 View Post
    Hi,
    this is a Siemens induction panel, one side seems damaged, I attached both good and burnt picture to compare. I'm not sure what those rectangles a are for, but they are connected by a solder. That seems to be what got burnt, so I'm wondering it that was some kind of a protection. Do I just try to re-solder them?
    Thanks,
    Daniel
    Post pictures of the other side of the board,and the part numbers
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Nothing visibly obvious on the other side of the board, I'm attaching the picture. The only 2 protruding legs visible on those burnt rectangles belong to the blue capacitor (2u2) and the round brown capacitor just next to it
      Not sure if the part number is what's shown on the other picture but hoping it is.
      Attached Files

Comment

On the PCB there is the writing F2 so perhaps it is a PCB fuse? If so you probably have a short somewhere else...
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
          On the PCB there is the writing F2 so perhaps it is a PCB fuse? If so you probably have a short somewhere else...
          So that's what I'm trying to understand. Besides finding the root cause, I'm curious about that burnt solder. Once I find and fix the root cause, do I just re-solder those burnt connections? If they indeed were designed as a fuse of a kind, I imagine their function would very much depend on the kind and amount of solder I would put there.
          Thanks

Comment

I don't think it is possible to recreate it with enough precision, but it was just made as a cost measure: you could substitute it with a real ceramic fuse, however knowing the intended value would probably require a schematic...
            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Check the diode bridge and IGBT transistors for short circuit.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                Check the diode bridge and IGBT transistors for short circuit.
                Right on the money, this is what I checked earlier this morning and 2 of the 4 transistors are shorted. The diode bridge seems fine.
                Thanks
                Daniel

Comment

Working...
                X