Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    From my experience most people seem to not like you telling them every TV you see now is made like junk and to buy used. Not sure why. Maybe they think I'm not serious...
    People will never listen and will always go for the cheapest option, a prime example of this is with a customer who I previously dealt with I advised them not to buy an led tv and spend a bit more and go with a plasma, they did the opposite and brought an led tv and 1 year later the bulbs failed and will cost too much to replace...
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Too be honest thats the reason ive kept the panasonic plasma i repaired a year or so ago which is still working fine as a main tv in the lounge.Totally agree you cant tell some people no matter how much you advise them how i see it now its there money there loosing not mine.

Comment

I agree im running an 8 year old pioneer kuro as my personal tv its rock solid, sounds and looks great better than any of the tvs I have ever repaired I wont get rid of it until something catastrophic happens like panel failure. You get what you pay for is the way I see things.
        Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 04-04-2015, 11:33 AM.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

picture displayed on a 7jp4?
          or the deluxe model with a 21fjp22?
          i have sets with those myself.
          Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
          They'd probably run screaming if they saw mine, then.
          It's not just analog, it's RF input only, and even then you better be broadcasting on a VHF band!

Comment

UMC is a bit better than Vestel.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
              I think you win then - mine's not that old. Would love to have one of those though!

I've got a Philips KT3\KL9A based set. It actually has a socket for a UHF tuner but back then you didn't need one in New Zealand, so the idea was they'd sell them as upgrades later. Of course, everyone just bought a new TV instead by then.
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Rulycat View Post
                UMC is a bit better than Vestel.
                I agree that their power boards are better, but the main boards and firmware are complete shit and almost always corrupt.

Comment

Never heard of VESTEL before, surprised to learn they are a large Turkish company that has been building TVs for years. Are any of these private label sets making their way to the USA/Canada? At least their chassis still have analog inputs on them. Many US market sets come with 2 HDMI, and one shared component/composite input these days! VGA is long gone from sets here sadly.

Comment

Unbelieveable! Panasonic selling VESTEL VOMIT as its own....

It really HAS got to the point--You cant buy a Good Quality TV set--without spending a fortune....
                    I have NO idea what I could recommend to anyone anymore, Used to recommend Panasonic.....

Oh Dear.............

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                    Not quite as old, but I do have a 1969 ITT CVC2 Hybrid Colour set, Fully hand-wired point-to-point chassis--There's Quality for ya! 46 years old, and Still working, and weighs a bloody ton!......
                    (I believe the CVC1-Dual-Standard and the CVC2 Single-Standard version of the same chassis were the only UK Colour sets to be fully point-to-point wired chassis)
                    Its got probably the most popular colour CRT Europe ever made, the A56-120X, 22" Delta Gun CRT. The tube in this set is a bit low, but have another good Mullard 'green-label' A56 from a mid seventies Bush A823 to fit it sometime....

For a bit of madness--I have a 1953/4 16" screen B/W Bakelite Bush TV62 wound up to 625 line, (Set was/is originally only a VHF band I/III 405 line set)--modified somewhat and fitted with an HDMI socket, to the original chassis Works well too!
                    (Next Vintage Project, Convert a 1974 Philips N1500 Video Recorder to HDMI.....)
                    Last edited by Alastair E; 04-15-2015, 10:19 AM.
                    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Yea, anything sub about 40" now is Vestel/UMC. Only exception being LG & Samsung. And we all know about Panasonics now... and I'm not a big fan of Samsung... So yeah... It's a real crap shoot... you can't buy any decent TV these days.
                      What about Sony? Never heard of them using Vestel?

Comment

Originally posted by Doodool View Post
                        What about Sony? Never heard of them using Vestel?
                        Sony just stick crap panels in their TVs (usually Samsung & AUO) but they aren't too bad, I suppose.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Very disappointed in Panasonic..my house is full if Panasonic products Plasma TV phone,Blurayplayer,shaver,canera,microwave,etc but I will hesitate buying their products from now on.specially TVs.
                          as far as I know this "fraud" act is mainly limited to Europe,their Japanese/ Asian models are not affected and are genuine.(also true about Toshiba,Sanyo,Sharp).

I'm auite happy with my 3 years old "genuine" Panasonic ST3 plasma,but when it fails,I will go for either high end Samsung ir maybe Sony.
                          I never liked LG products specually their TVs so they are out of option.

If you are living in Europe,Un-effected brands of TV appear to be:
                          Samsung
                          Sony
                          LG
                          (High End Models of) Panasonic (still a risk imo).

Comment

Sony just stick crap panels in their TVs (usually Samsung & AUO) but they aren't too bad, I suppose.
                            I know I had a low end Sony LCD prior to buying my excellent Panasonic ST30 plasma and it was awful,but at least it wasn't vestel grade bad.

Sony's higher end LCD-LEDs are actually pretty awesome though.
                            Personally if I have to buy a TV now,I will try to hunt a discontinued Mid-high range Panasonic Plasma if I can,like VT series or GT or ST.
                            If not,higher end LEDs by Samsung 7 series or 6 series..or Higher End Sony's.

Comment

Having seen too many Samsungs die an early death I would stay away from them myself.
                              Maybe I am being too cautious but I really have seen far too many die to feel happy about recommending them.
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Having seen too many Samsungs die an early death I would stay away from them myself.
                                Maybe I am being too cautious but I really have seen far too many die to feel happy about recommending them.
                                I only recommend Samsungs higher end range TVs sometimes their mid range too and will avoid their lower end sets.
                                As far as I know their higher end models have great build quality with little failure rate.
                                Also I will always try to buy the TV from retailers that routinely offer free 5 year warranty.( like John Lewis or Richer Sounds).
                                Last edited by Doodool; 06-02-2015, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Panasonic 2015 LineUp:
                                  C300 and C400 Series are Vestel rebadged. While in 2014 only the low-end entry models (A300) were Vestel, in 2015 C400 series includes some UHD models and even one curved UHD TV.
                                  C500, C600, C700 and C800 series are genuine Panasonic TVs.

Comment

also sharp sells vestel crap i discovered this by searching a firmware for a specific vestel motherboard aka this one 17mb60-4

Comment

Originally posted by hhburg View Post
                                      Panasonic 2015 LineUp:
                                      C300 and C400 Series are Vestel rebadged. While in 2014 only the low-end entry models (A300) were Vestel, in 2015 C400 series includes some UHD models and even one curved UHD TV.
                                      C500, C600, C700 and C800 series are genuine Panasonic TVs.
                                      You must be kidding. 4K TV a Vestel junker? Maybe a cheap 720 or 1080 entry level but that's just taking the fucking cake.
                                      Who the hell buys a 4K TV with a shit panel. Is it all about the spec nonsense ? I thought 4K was about picture quality?
                                      Thanks for the info. Panasonic well and truly off recommended brands. Really sad.

Comment

4k is pointless unless your gaming.
                                        what the hell will you feed it from?
                                        watch a 10 min cartoon from a BD?
                                        you wont be net streaming - that's just a wet dream of media idiots.
                                        even 1080 needs special handling at the street box - do some digging on how streaming "sky sports" over bt-internet works.
                                        it's injected at the mux-headend, not streamed over the backbone.

Comment

FYI:
                                          Panasonic Lineup 2016: DS300/DS350 series is Vestel. Everything else DS400,DS500,DS600,DX600,DX700,DX750,DX800,DX900 is build by Panasonic.
                                          So way less Vestel models than last year and no 4K Vestel model in the 2016 lineup.

Comment

Working...
                                          X