Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

ok will do the brother in law was looking at them they also had toshiba and sharp but my guess there vestel too?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      ok will do the brother in law was looking at them they also had toshiba and sharp but my guess there vestel too?
      Yea, anything sub about 40" now is Vestel/UMC. Only exception being LG & Samsung. And we all know about Panasonics now... and I'm not a big fan of Samsung... So yeah... It's a real crap shoot... you can't buy any decent TV these days.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I know what your saying with the blaupunkt tvs they said made in germany on them he thought they was a good buy, but i said we will continue looking he hasnt much cash to spare as just started a new job so i didnt want him wasting it on a bad make so i will look for a lg as he wants something 1080 and about 40inch screen.

Comment

I know what your saying with the blaupunkt tvs they said made in germany on them he thought they was a good buy, but i said we will continue looking he hasnt much cash to spare as just started a new job so i didnt want him wasting it on a bad make so i will look for a lg as he wants something 1080 and about 40inch screen.
          Get a decent set from the classifieds, or eBay.
          You can get a Panny, just avoid anything ending in "A300" as that's Vestel. A400 etc isn't, and will be OK.

Nobody makes TVs in germany except Harmon/Kardon (but they left the business.) Blaupunkt is a German brand, but they sold their name, like so many others...
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks tom for the advice as always i will pass the info on to him.

Comment

I forgot... Sony ain't too bad, i'm just not big on the Samsung panels in their sets, but if it's a choice of Samsung panel vs Vestel chassis... samsung wins every time...

Comment

Cheers tom.

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
                  Ugh, YUCK.

Big "VESTEL" on the PSU, and elite caps. Also, looks like there is the typical vestel "multiple diode treatment".
                  Typically, Panasonic only uses their own electrolytic capacitors in their products (except for audio grade units) - not anymore!
                  My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
                    Typically, Panasonic only uses their own electrolytic capacitors in their products (except for audio grade units) - not anymore!
                    Most newer Panasonic sets used Rubycon. Nichicon and Chemicon. Very few of their own... very weird. Then they switched to Taicon, Samxon, etc. to get costs down.

Comment

They are Rubycon in this TX42A400B ( Nov 2014 ).
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lapwing View Post
                        They are Rubycon in this TX42A400B ( Nov 2014 ).
                        Good! Looks like Panny is still trustworthy for A400 onwards. Thanks for the info.

Who makes the panel in this set?
                        Last edited by tom66; 04-04-2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                          Most newer Panasonic sets used Rubycon. Nichicon and Chemicon. Very few of their own... very weird. Then they switched to Taicon, Samxon, etc. to get costs down.
                          Yeah, our 32" Panasonic has Rubycon and Nichicon (maybe some NCC, I don't remember that) inside. hah, funny that they don't use their own capacitors.

I forgot... Sony ain't too bad, i'm just not big on the Samsung panels in their sets, but if it's a choice of Samsung panel vs Vestel chassis... samsung wins every time...
                          Indeed!!!
                          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Tom i suppose polaroid sets are vestle based too? just saw these in local asda store.

Comment

Good! Looks like Panny is still trustworthy for A400 onwards. Thanks for the info.

Who makes the panel in this set?
                              Is this the Panel number...Wistron .
                              Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, that's it. Yuck. They used to use LG panels. Now it's just cheapest from China. What can you do though, they all do it.

Comment

Tom i suppose polaroid sets are vestle based too? just saw these in local asda store.
                                  They are either vestel or umc junks.
                                  Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Yes, utter junk and TERRIBLE picture quality.

So, today, your choices of TV are:
                                    Vestel (Toshiba)
                                    Vestel (Sharp)
                                    UMC (Technika/Blaupunkt)
                                    Vestel (Panasonic, some)
                                    TopVictorElectronics China (Bush/Alba/Technika/etc)
                                    Samsung
                                    LG

Just look at the input plate on the back of the TV. Sure fire way to tell if it's a Vestel or not; they all look like this now:
                                    Last edited by tom66; 04-04-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

All vestel sets will have stickers like this and all say the same things:
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 04-04-2015, 10:41 AM.
                                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Cheers guys for the info i have passed all this on too the brother inlaw if he takes my advice is a diffrent matter.

Comment

From my experience most people seem to not like you telling them every TV you see now is made like junk and to buy used. Not sure why. Maybe they think I'm not serious...

Comment

Working...
                                          X