Which tactile switch is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which tactile switch is this?

It has an "S" and "32" on the back of it. I pulled it from my vhf mic and it's testing bad. I dont know which new one to purchase because i don't know what to go off of. Can anyone tell me how to find the type and size of it?
    Attached Files

measure it with calipers

Comment

That is a very common (6mm) right-angle PCB mount tactile switch. Everyone makes one, critical is the button length. Some manufacturers spec H to the middle of the switch, not the back, so be careful.
      My last order of some was Aliexpress Javino Store and I was happy with them. E-Switch melt too easily, Omron is the best quality.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ali_switches 5x.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	3158671

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
        That is a very common (6mm) right-angle PCB mount tactile switch. Everyone makes one, critical is the button length. Some manufacturers spec H to the middle of the switch, not the back, so be careful.
        My last order of some was Aliexpress Javino Store and I was happy with them. E-Switch melt too easily, Omron is the best quality.

Click image for larger version Name:	ali_switches 5x.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	3158671
        Ok. On digikey i see they include voltage and amps in their descriptions. Should i consider this?

Comment

No, it is not important because these switches are only used for low power. The button length and mounting pins (2 or 4) are important to check.
          Filter: Mounting Style, Through Hole, Right Angle.
          Last edited by redwire; 12-06-2023, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Jackching
            Jackching commented
            Editing a comment
            Now all i need are calipers. I dont think the measuring tape will work hehe

Originally posted by redwire View Post
          No, it is not important because these switches are only used for low power. The button length and mounting pins (2 or 4) are important to check.
          Filter: Mounting Style, Through Hole, Right Angle.
          So on Digikey, I'm assuming H = Actuator Length, Right Angle in the filters section?
          Last edited by Jackching; 12-06-2023, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X