Help needed getting an ESR meter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed getting an ESR meter...

I have a Peak Atlas ESR70 and it's great. As was previously stated though, no ESR meter is going to allow testing in circuit.
    ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      cheaper clips - where i got mine
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/371193424125
      How are those clips connected to the flying leads? Solder? Crimp? ?

Comment

I already left him a positive feedback. Yes, I am stupid. I contacted him under the general topic " asking for a refund"

I am really angry as I cannot use the item as it is described and as I would like. This is fraud.

God bless eBay for buyer protection.
        Attached Files

Comment

How are those clips connected to the flying leads? Solder? Crimp? ?
          solder

Comment

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
            I already left him a positive feedback. Yes, I am stupid. I contacted him under the general topic " asking for a refund"

I am really angry as I cannot use the item as it is described and as I would like. This is fraud.

God bless eBay for buyer protection.
            i will look into the connectors - they look like JST but i'll check.
            i'v seen them in stuff like cd/dvd drives

Comment

i think it's JST XH series
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is the reply I got:

t-happy sent you a message about your request:

"hi . the item have not with test cable . I hope you can understand . pelase check my ad Picture.I hope you can understand we've sold many of these items Many customers have not with test cable .please see the description . does it work fine?If still doesn't work, let me know as soon as possible. best regards"

What should I do now???????

Comment

say it dousnt work - fuck them.

Comment

The supplied "test cable" isn't that great anyway. The wires are stiff and the connector works loose and they come with no clips. So you saved $1 and have to make your own cable or send it back. Hit it with a hammer and say it was damaged in shipment. Send it back and spend more on shipping and hassle or whatever. Is it worth it to you?

Comment

What you advise me to do?

Comment

What you advise me to do?
                        Make your own cable or send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                          Make your own cable...
                          ...and solder it?

Comment

Here is the reply I got:

t-happy sent you a message about your request:

"hi . the item have not with test cable . I hope you can understand . pelase check my ad Picture.I hope you can understand we've sold many of these items Many customers have not with test cable .please see the description . does it work fine?If still doesn't work, let me know as soon as possible. best regards"

What should I do now???????
                            First, direct him to the Rosetta Stone website because his English is horrible.

Second, if this was eBay and it didn't explicitly say in the description that leads weren't included, then open a SNAD claim. eBay policy clearly states that there can be no text in images, so he can't claim the pictures said the leads weren't included. That picture also does not accurately represent the item.

eBay picture policies.
                            http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/picture.html

Comment

cables are shown in the foto, clips are clearly marked by a box as "not included"
                              so it should come with the cables.
                              the black overlaid text on the cables is new and was not there originally.

Comment

My response:

Hello. I saw the picture and only the BATTERY and the CLIPS were stated as NOT INCLUDED. The rest of the cable should have been in package.

The tester doesn't work as stated because I cannot connect to it any CLIPS or PROBES. Please tell me how I am going to do in circuit testing when I cannot connect probes to that 3 pin plug, because I don't have any cable to match THE PLUG!!!!

Please refund or send me the cable that I show in BLACK CIRCLE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/foq15zsdoa...20see.jpg?dl=0

Very disappointed with not honest treatment.

His reply:

HOW ABOUT SENT YOU AGIAN TEST CABLE .IS THAT OK ?

Comment

Do I want it sent again? I never got the fscker in the first place! Do you understand any English?

Comment

I think he's offering to send you the cables.

Comment

I think I'm going for this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M328-LCD-128...EAAOSwd0BVvxce

$21.50 shipped, but it comes with a higher parts count and the rotary encoder

Comment

Originally posted by jojo69 View Post
                                        I think I'm going for this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M328-LCD-128...EAAOSwd0BVvxce

$21.50 shipped, but it comes with a higher parts count and the rotary encoder
                                        This looks a good kit i may order one as well

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
                                          I have a Peak Atlas ESR70 and it's great. As was previously stated though, no ESR meter is going to allow testing in circuit.
                                          That's just bullshit mister. I got great ESR Micros v4.0si on stock, complete ready-to-use in proper casing, with english manual and 2year warranty, relay protection with discharge circuit included. Measures only capacitors, works in circuit flawlessly. It is just good to remember that capacitors in parallel add their capacitance and divide their ESR

But hey, keep buying chinese crap, wait long weeks for that just to get it screwed etc.…

Those crappy things with laughable wires and batteries floating everywhere around it, with no casing etc. you are all buying are all based on that open-source german design. I can get you a proper one in casing etc. as well, but I don't resel them because they are utter useless. As they are auto-sense, they always measure anything else but the thing you want in circuit. I can pretty much use el-cheapo multimeter for all those diodes and transistors so that does not help me much. The only use it has is to measure tiny caps (ceramic, foil) and some transformers, especially inverter transformers. For that you can buy that chinese monster, but I strongly advice you to get ESR Micro as well.

Atlas is overpriced for how obsolete the design is.
                                          Last edited by Behemot; 11-07-2015, 09:20 AM.
                                          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                                          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
                                          X