Aixun T3A overshooting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aixun T3A overshooting?

I believe it was a genuine JBC - but I might have also confirmed with the Aixun which came with the station. I'll double check.

Thanks for testing!

Comment

Re: Aixun T3A overshooting?

Well, Aixun never came back to me about this issue so I made a video "non-review" of the station!

Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7jLpHgR7fI

Comment

It comes smart technology of future, see video on 3:30... my soldering iron with wooden handle not do that...
        https://www.youtube.com/embed/8YiP559bVvw

Comment

oh wow! I think he uses the T3A as well. That's another great example that "earth sometimes is in the way". The tip went RED! Unbelievable!!!

Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

Thanks Tony for putting the word out that Aixun is a junk product
            Worse is they still don't have it fixed - or they are just selling off the bad design rev. to select customers.

I'd just buy a real JBC instead of this steel vs copper, aluminum socket connector, propaganda-conceal tip temperature crap.

Comment

You're welcome. I was very disappointed as when I looked online it looked a good product, a good alternative to a JBC. It's not. I have got rid of it and I have a JBC now. Maybe a bit overpriced, yes, but it doesn't glow my tips red.

Some of my viewers claim they cannot replicate the issues I have discovered on their stations. I don't know what to think.

Comment

The chinese waste nothing, they will surreptitiously selloff bad product. I suspect you have a dud H/W revision, bad TC op-amp etc.
                But the firmware is pretty bad alone. Do they admit any problem with the T3A? Do they issue a fix? Their silence speaks volumes.

Comment

What I discovered has been since confirmed by others so it's definitely not a fault with my station. The fact that later FW is "mitigating/hiding" the issue seems to confirm that they are well aware. NWR's video linked above is another real life demonstration that this is real.

Aixun only told me to wait until the tech department looked into the issue - never heard from them since. I suppose my video-reviews must have upset them (they were aware I was reviewing the station when I contacted them).

There are several theories behind this issue and obviously they are all HW related.

Comment

I think the partial problem is on AliExpress that some sellers sell rejects or barely functioning units. Got an original Garmin GPS display replacement once. It had a “ghost touch”. Factory reject.

Comment

It could be.

When I discovered the issue I asked Aixun whether my unit was genuine and they did confirm it is. So if it's a reject, it's an Aixun official reject

Either way, it doesn't look good for Aixun.

Comment

Aixun Firmware Updates V1.36 out Jan. 23, 2024. "Fixed some known bugs" lol.
                        Place your bets! I predict FAIL

Comment

My T3A is in a box. I wasted enough time with it. Happy to leave the excitement to others

Comment

Working...
                          X