Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio E500i-B1

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
    That sounds far too low. There must be something wrong for it to be 9 volts less than it should be!
    That's what I think as well.. but, after changing 9301, it's been on for a day. No problems

Comment

Dear jhrsmail: You woke up early today............Don't forget your promise.......................

jhrsmail: " Haha..( ) to u if this fixes this stupid tv!!! " ...............post #39
      Last edited by capwizard; 02-01-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhrsmail View Post
        That's what I think as well.. but, after changing 9301, it's been on for a day. No problems
        If the supply voltage to the chip is too low, it may have to work harder to do its job and keep the output voltage up. In this case the IC may fail soon again. In fact, that might be the reason why it failed already.

You should definitely investigate why the voltage supply is low. It may be a capacitor somewhere in the associated circuitry for that IC which has lost capacity or gone high ESR.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

"I still have 15.3 on the 24v legs" is that the 16v? Do you have a wrong voltage measurement?

The STBY PS (5v) uses IC9301 (STR A6069H), the power supply uses IC9101 (LCS703LG) generates 24v to motherboard which bucked to 16v to drive 16 strips, each has 6 LEDs, total 96 LEDs.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by capwizard; 02-01-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

As of now it's working. When i get a chance I'll take it apart again...

Comment

If TV works and picture is good, you do not need to do that it might damage the TV. JUST Enjoy It!
              Last edited by capwizard; 02-01-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Will do, thx Wizard! Seems IC9301 has fixed it. 2 days, no failure..

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
                  "I still have 15.3 on the 24v legs" is that the 16v? Do you have a wrong voltage measurement?

The STBY PS (5v) uses IC9301 (STR A6069H), the power supply uses IC9101 (LCS703LG) generates 24v to motherboard which bucked to 16v to drive 16 strips, each has 6 LEDs, total 96 LEDs.
                  Ok, TV wouldn't power on today. So. Back to troubleshooting. You are saying if I only have 15.3v on 24v leg, it's ic9101 ...again??

Comment

If it has 5v but wouldn't turn on the problem is the Ic9101 If it has 24v but wouldn't turn on the problem is in the screens LEDs.
                    Last edited by capwizard; 02-02-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Hey CAPWIZARD.. basically , it's doing what it's always done.. it will power up if unplugged for a while. I think ic9301 fixed it for a while, but finally ic9301 went bad again. I think I need to fix why 24v leg is only at 15.3v.. any ideas?? 😁

Comment

If the main board is that one that has the LED driver on it, I'd be looking at it. There was a thread around here somewhere on a Vizio having that only 15V on the 24V rail, no back light problem.

Comment

Update; The TV has been working for 2 months so far so good.

Actualizar; La televisión ha estado trabajando durante 2 meses hasta ahora tan bueno.

Comment

What all did u do to it? Just ic9301?

Comment

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Finally, I did fix it by first change IC9301 then IC9101. Estoy muy feliz ahora.......

Comment

Hey Looking for a little bit of help. I am working on fixing my PCB. I have identified my problem as the IC 9301, but there are a couple of resistors near this IC on the back of the board that also fried. They are the two resistors that are tied to pin 1 of IC9301. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a schematic or even a picture of the back of the board that would show me what value of resistor i need to get to repair it. Does Someone have this info?

Comment

Hi guys, I also need values of the resistor at pin 1 of ic9301 (R9311) please help.

Comment

Also looking for resistors for R9311 and R9312 on my ADTVD3613XA7 board for Vizio m502i-b1. They measure around 48ohms as is right now. A trace to IC9301 also blew up as you can see.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

They both look like 1R2 ohms

Courtesy of Shopjimmy
                                      Attached Files
                                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Oops, disregard.
                                        Last edited by budm; 06-30-2018, 01:46 PM.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

does anybody have a full set of schematics for this unit. i have replaced some parts and still no 5v or 24 v
                                          Vizio E500i-B1

Comment

Working...
                                          X