Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitsubishi Lt-46164

Hello everyone
    I have a Mitsubishi LT-46164 led tv. It will not power up. Green light flashing.
    I have replaced the main board, power filter board, power supply board, and the led backlight board and the t-con board. Still green light flashing. It clicks when plugged in but nothing else. The tv stopped working when the power went out for sometime and when the power came back on that's when it would not bower up. Any ideas? Thanks Scott

Re: Mitsubishi Lt-46164

any hi res pics? So you replaced all boards and no go? You got a DMM to troubleshoot?

Comment

Originally posted by vscott15 View Post
      Hello everyone
      I have a Mitsubishi LT-46164 led tv. It will not power up. Green light flashing.
      I have replaced the main board, power filter board, power supply board, and the led backlight board and the t-con board. Still green light flashing. It clicks when plugged in but nothing else. The tv stopped working when the power went out for sometime and when the power came back on that's when it would not bower up. Any ideas? Thanks Scott
      Hmm have you tried disconnecting the lvds, and led backlight cables you could have a short.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

yes, and still nothing. There is a red flashing light on the LED Backlight Inverter board. Is that normal?

Comment

I do not have a DMM to trouble shoot

Comment

Hello everyone
            You will need to acquire a dmm to test, and could you take pictures please.
            Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 03-03-2015, 08:47 AM.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I do not have a DMM to trouble shoot
              you're gonna need one.

Comment

Hello,
                Sounds like you need to reload the firmware. These Mitsubishi TVs are very picky. When loading the firmware the tv light will just blink, let the tv do this until it is done. It will automatically restart the tv once the update us complete. Hope this helps.

Comment

Downloaded firmware, plugged download in the USB and nothing . Did not even seem to read it.???

Comment

If i remember from the last one I did, I think you unplug the power, plug in USB, then plug the power cord back in. Tv should read the thumb drive, then after about 5-30min the tv will restart and be working again. Also I have a thumb drive that has a little light on it to indicate it is being read, which makes it easy to tell if the tv is reading it.

Comment

Also your thumb drive might not be compatible or be in the proper file system too, FAT/FAT32/NTFS ect. I know some TV's dont like PNY thumb drives, I use a Scan Disc Cruiser with a LED indicator on it and it seems to work with any panel I use it for.

Comment

Thumb drive has a light in it. it will not light when TV is plugged Back in. also reformatted thumb drive to Fat32, after downloaded it i checked to see if it was on the thumb drive and it shows it when plugged back in to the computer

Comment

Have you tried to press the power button after plugging the tv back in? Depending on how corrupt the firmware was you might have to try a couple of different things to trick it into forcing the firmware update.

Comment

Yes and also held the button in to the green light flashed orange before it goes back to a green flashing light

Comment

Did you end up being able to fix the tv? I have the EXACT same problem and wondering if it is fixable or trash.

Comment

I too have this same exact problem. Anyone figured it out?

Comment

I know it has been a while but just thought I'd weigh in:

If you list the colored flashes, I can give you the error codes. For instance, mine is throwing 5 red, 9 yellow indicating a 12V Short on the main board.

Comment

Not that I can prove it.... EEPROM Failures were prevalent in other Flat Panel TVs built during this era. LG / VIZIO. I have the same issue on a LT-55154 and will be replacing the EEPROM ( IC5G02 271P367010 IC:AT24C512BN-SH-T ). I Tried a EEPROM reset but NO JOY... at a cost of about $ 1.00 it is worth a try... will report back with my findings.

Comment

I have the same problem, green light steady flashing. I believe the problem is the EEPROM IC but it is a NAND (NAND02GW3B2DZA6) and very difficult to change out. To program one I think you need an adapter (BGA63 Socket Adapter) that cost $200. I did however find a temporary fix. You can never unplug the TV after doing this or you will have to do it again. Get your TV where you are going to keep it. 1.) Remove back cover 2.) Plug it in 3.) Unplug the blinking green light board and the IR board and plug them back in until the green LED stops flashing. 4.) Turn your TV on. 5.) Replace the back cover and never unplug it again.

I wonder if the problem could be a bad cap, this board has so many caps on it there is a good chance. And there is someone on eBay offering a Main Board repair service if you have the blinking green light so that tells me it is 100% a Main Board problem.
                                      Last edited by Shane711; 08-16-2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane711 View Post
                                        I have the same problem, green light steady flashing. I believe the problem is the EEPROM IC but it is a NAND (NAND02GW3B2DZA6) and very difficult to change out. To program one I think you need an adapter (BGA63 Socket Adapter) that cost $200. I did however find a temporary fix. You can never unplug the TV after doing this or you will have to do it again. Get your TV where you are going to keep it. 1.) Remove back cover 2.) Plug it in 3.) Unplug the blinking green light board and the IR board and plug them back in until the green LED stops flashing. 4.) Turn your TV on. 5.) Replace the back cover and never unplug it again.

I wonder if the problem could be a bad cap, this board has so many caps on it there is a good chance. And there is someone on eBay offering a Main Board repair service if you have the blinking green light so that tells me it is 100% a Main Board problem.
                                        I tried your "temporary fix" and unplugging the blinking green light board + the IR board and plugging them back in did not stop the green LED from flashing. I tried this several times. Am I missing something? Also, something to note, it's impossible to put the back cover back on without unplugging the power supply cord!

Comment

Working...
                                        X