more win10 stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: more win10 stuff

Same here Uranium-235. No need to rush into it.

Comment

well today is the big day..........
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Good luck to them!
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
          Good luck to them!
          Yup. I just obliterated Win8.1 from a laptop today....its now sporting se7en.
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

I'm actually typing this from a Windows 10 machine (the workbench PC at work). It's... OK...kind of... sort of... It's fast and seems fairly stable so far, but it's soooooooooo UGLY! It doesn't even give you the option the change the menu bar to any colour except white. C'mon M$, bring back Aero! At least it has a start menu, but it's horrible. I'll still have to rescue it with ClassicShell.

It's still a downgrade from 7.
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

hahaha.......
              suckers.
              http://www.acclaimednews.com/windows...priceless.html
              http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/29/wind-nos/

Comment

It will only get worse...
                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                -David VanHorn

Comment

Arch Linux plus win 7 ulitmate for the win. F*ck off, micro$haft.
                  sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Upgrading on the first day it's released sounds like an absolutely terrible idea. Not that I want it anyways, even if it's free. Windows 7 has proven itself, and does everything I want it to do. Why take a risk when 7 works? Just so Microsoft can spy on me even more?

We know how illiterate most saps are out there with their computers. Think of how many "sorry shape" OSs that have developed corruption from viruses, etc. are going to break during the upgrade process. Microsoft is being pretty brave.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
                      We know how illiterate most saps are out there with their computers. Think of how many "sorry shape" OSs that have developed corruption from viruses, etc. are going to break during the upgrade process. Microsoft is being pretty brave.
                      Indeed, and that is why I always clean install.
                      -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
                        Upgrading on the first day it's released sounds like an absolutely terrible idea. <snip>
                        Microsoft is being pretty brave.
                        Both are brave moves. I agree.
                        Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                          Indeed, and that is why I always clean install.
                          it's only clean for a few seconds after the drive is formatted, then the installer dirty's it again!

Comment

Updated four today no problem. Just use disk cleanup to get rid of 20-30gb+ Windows.old folder after upgrade and then more options in disk cleanup and remove excess system images to reclaim lost disk space. All applications work fine and it's definitely quicker. And no need to log in with Microsoft account unless you want Cortana.

Comment

I want cortana, I just don't want her to speak
                              Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                              ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

but it wants you too speak!
                                speach recognition takes a lot of cpu time, so programs like that and siri just stream your mic-input to a server-farm for processing!

Comment

Amusingly ironic. "I'll stick to windows 7 thank you very much" - then go back to using mozilla and/or chrome (that's the sound of at least 2 corporations slurping your data), viewing websites loaded with java and flash (sluurrrrrp, and quite often some unintentional slurping and spewing to 3rd parties), tapping away on their Android devices (slurrrrrrp) or even worse tapping away on their iPhone whilst connected to iTunes on their iMac (SLURRRRRRRRRRRP *BURP* *spew*)

All things considering, these days you're only truly safe if you're making your own OS. No, linux distributions aren't even entirely innocent either for those saying "I've compiled my own kernel!"

All we can do is tread carefully as people in the know, and let the people that don't know continue on their way to digital surveillance unknowingly. (They should know if they read the licenses, readmes, Terms of Services etc, but who does?)

Comment

that may be true, but installing 10 is like having an orgy in an aids hospice!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                      LMAO! good analogy...
                                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                      Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                        Giggled a fair bit at that I'm strictly a Windows guy but that's mostly down to work (education) so the choice is Windows or Apple; and as I'm neither a) American or b) have an IQ under 60, Windows it is. Oh to sit happy with a *nix distribution of choice and actually learn something without the wife moaning she can't find internet explorer (too lazy to dual boot and regardless of how many VM's I have, they don't give me the motivation to get off my lazy backside and play!)

Comment

give the wife firefox.
                                          once she gets used to it, switch the o.s. but keep using firefox.
                                          not that i'm much of a fan of firefox -it's very dumbed-down compared to the options in opera.

Comment

Working...
                                          X