Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung TV picture is upside down! [HELP]

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, only signed up a few hours ago after I stumbled across a few threads which helped me repair a different TV earlier.

Anyway today I replaced the motherboard on a Samsung UE32H5500 TV and the picture is upside down! Like it's rotated 180 degrees
    Does anyone know a way of flipping the picture back to normal. Presumably service menu setting.

I'm incredibly doubtful, but would flipping the ribbon cable going to the screen around (with the possibility of burning something out) fix my problem?

If any one knows a service menu setting on the 2014 Samsung TVs to rotate the picture that would be tremendous

Re: Samsung TV picture is upside down! [HELP]

Hello! Try this:

http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/...html#re.v/174/

Comment

Originally posted by Orange1 View Post
      Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, only signed up a few hours ago after I stumbled across a few threads which helped me repair a different TV earlier.

Anyway today I replaced the motherboard on a Samsung UE32H5500 TV and the picture is upside down! Like it's rotated 180 degrees
      Does anyone know a way of flipping the picture back to normal. Presumably service menu setting.

reload firmware will correct your issue

Comment

Wrog board for your screen update firmware to correct on

Comment

Vert Flip & Horiz Flip are in the service menu Mute 1 8 2 Power on.
          Use up dwn right left arrows to select / find flip

Comment

I have exactly same problem with my ue39f5500, updated firmware no change, I also can not find any reference to panel flip in the service menu

Comment

I had the same problem and noticed that the service menu indicated the wrong panel size. I took the chance and corrected panel # and it flipped it back 180 degrees on restart.

Worth checking your panel number/size in the service menu?

Comment

Has anyone ever seen this in a Samsung where half the screen is upside down? I've got one at the moment and was wondering if it's a service menu item (cannot imagine why though).

Comment

sorry, posted this by mistake and now i cannot delete.
                  Last edited by mycompufix; 12-09-2016, 05:01 PM. Reason: created by mistake

Comment

i really need help on this please. i have this samsung UN60es6003FXZA and i changed the t-con board and... now everything is upside down. i went to the service menu by doing mute-182-power, and... i am lost over there but i didn't see anything where i could turn 180 degree. i upgraded the firmware and nothing. still, all is upside down. any sugestions please i would appreciate.
                    btw, im sorry if i am posting this on this thread. i couldn't find something but this is the closest. feel free to move this reply somewhere else. Thank you so much in advance. here's a picture of how everything looks: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...zBlNTVTZ3hESUE

Comment

Did you check your LCD panel label against the panel as shown in the service menu?
                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                        Did you check your LCD panel label against the panel as shown in the service menu?
                        oh yeah, i tried everything. but i found the answer.... i changed the mainboard. what happened first, TV didn't have anything on pic but sound. so i changed the main board, and the t-con. nothing worked, decided to get another t-con board, and it worked! but everything was upside down. so i tried everything, updated firmware, login to the service menu, reset, etc. so i thought i am going to put back again the old mainboard... and it worked!
                        thank you tho

Comment

In service mode select mrt option ,select hv flip mode on or off. Thank you

Comment

Hi everyone. I got the silliest thing... My UE46F6670 started having a loop boot. I tried everything (unplugged the WIFI module, etc), with no success. I just bought a broken screen UE46F6800, took all the components (PS, MB, WIFI module, etc, except for the T-CON as the connectors on the T-CON aren't the same so I left this one) and placed it into the UE46F6670, I got a display that was upside down and mirrored. I went into the service menu and, there is a HV Flip option where I have "OFF", "H Flip" and "HV Flip", but no bloody "V Flip", which is what I want to do!!!!! Anyone have ever experienced this? IF yes how did you do it? I could not see an option where you can rotate the picture of 180degrees... If anyone has a successful experience to share, I'll take it!!!!

Comment

No bother, the "Flip HV" did it (although it doesn't make sense).

Comment

I know this thread is old but I'd like to contribute a finding. I had a UN50H5203 with a bad mainboard. I installed a board from a UN50H5203 but realized that the BN # was differrent and therefore my screen was flipped 180. When entering the svc menu, there was FRC HV Flip, but only option was 0 or 1, an neither made the change. There was no HV Flip option. I found this you tube video and it explained how to change the screen type. Worked for me and I was just about to order the correct main board. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds2lZWfQa34

Comment

My God, this thread is the top about confusion, each one with its own different tv and problem... please make order... let theese threads die..

Comment

NOT so, every post in this thread is about a flipped screen, NOT off topic at all.

Comment

Working...
                                    X