Samsung UN60EH6000 Tries to come on, but stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN60EH6000 Tries to come on, but stops

Sorry, many points that i have pointed at are wrong, this tcon need some tests more and without to measure continuity between points or view datasheets is too much difficult.. i think.. where you measure 12v is much probably not an output but input.

Comment

Davi,
      Are you saying the board is just bad and I need to replace the entire board?

Did I measure at the wrong locations?
      Kirk

Comment

In his video, norcal715 does provide the value of the two capacitors in question: 2.2uf 50v.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
          In his video, norcal715 does provide the value of the two capacitors in question: 2.2uf 50v.
          Dang, he does @9:40 mark. I remember seeing that when I watched it, but it did not dawn on me what the text was telling me. Good Catch!

I just checked mine and both of them are shorted. When I measure the physical size of the cap it is 2mm L x 1.3mm W x 1.3mm tall. A quick google search shows this to be a common 0805 form.

2.2uf @50V Ceramic Capacitor, form 0805 (2012 metric).

This is the one I found on Mouser. I just ordered 40 of them so I will have a few spares.

Comment

Since the two caps are shorted on my board, what are the chances that I replace them and that fixes the board? I guess that depends if the caps are on the output or input side of the ISL9860, which I have no way of knowing.

I thought it would be worth a shot anyway. I mean, whats the worse thing that could happen.... it pops the caps again?

Comment

remove the caps and test them it maybe the ic thats causing the shorts your reading

Comment

i mean that i pointed the wrong points to test, 'cause this tcon is a bit confusing to read without datasheet and tester.
                Last edited by Davi.p; 12-12-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I saw now the norcal video, but he tested near 0 volts on that big coil where i've put indications M N, you have the tension he had measured after repair.

Comment

I have never had to actually replace the caps on any of these boards that I have repaired. The caps aren’t actually shorted. The ic is. If your remove the ic the short will go away. Testing the caps for a short is just a good way to know if the ic is shorted.

Comment

Can't you measure theese points?

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Davi.p; 12-12-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas1110 View Post
                        I have never had to actually replace the caps on any of these boards that I have repaired. The caps aren't actually shorted. The ic is. If your remove the ic the short will go away. Testing the caps for a short is just a good way to know if the ic is shorted.

I removed the caps in question and they are not shorted. They seem to be good when they are off the board. I replaced them with new ones and the new ones also show to be shorted when mounted.... but I still have the IC in place. Will be replacing it soon.

I guess it is like you say ... the ic is actually causing it to show shorted on the caps.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                          Can't you measure these points?

Davi,
                          Sorry, I just now saw your post. I will try to get those measurements tonight.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                            Can't you measure these points?

Davi,
                            Here are the points you asked for.
                            N : 12.7 V
                            O : 11mV
                            P : 1mV
                            Q : 17mV
                            R : 1v
                            S : 1mV
                            T : 12.7V

Kirk

Comment

Hey guys,
                              I have the same issue BUT, I replaced the ISL9860 and picture came back. Tv now plays fine for 15 minutes then picture is gone again. I have to wait like 5 min for picture to come back on but this time it will last 5 min then pictures is gone. Any suggestion ? Should I replaced those caps?
                              My voltage read exactly the same as Norcals Video.

Please help!

Comment

Try running it with the back of the TV open and blown by fan to see if it will run longer.
                                If the caps were to short out then you will not get any video at all, sounds like something heated up and quit.
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Also, I'm using the thermal or cooling pads on all big IC's before putting the metal plate back on. When I leave the back cover off, tv played fine for hours. Something is getting overheated.
                                  Have this happened to you guys?

Comment

Hi budm - Yes it plays fine for hours.

Comment

The norcal video said something about adding another heat transfer pad to that power supplies IC.
                                      May be you can add a small 12V fan running off the switched 12V to take the heat away from the T-con to extend the life of the board until it fails completely, SJ has the the alternate replacement that is more reliable.
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

you mean a thermal pad on the IC ISL9860 i just replaced?

Comment

Nevermind budm. Just watched the video again. I will try that next otherwise Im gonna have to buy a new t-con -- great!

Comment

Working...
                                          X