X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

I am new to this forum but have been reading posts as I am trying to trouble shoot my plasma tv no picture issue.

Lots of good info on here and I figured I should join and participate.

Thanks

Comment

Hello all, my name is Harold,some call me (Chip) and "HP". I found this site searching info on a Sanyo DP 42-848 re caps. This seems like a great site and i couldn't resist the temptation to join so here i am :=) by the way i am currently a member of ARF also. Some FYI, if your head 's start to itch or have an eerie feeling -not to worry, its just me sneaking tiny bits of all the great knowledge i can only imagine is dwelling inside of everyone's Gray matter. Looking forward to future friendships and comrade-ery, "i cant spell either" a little more on me another time.
      73s HP

Comment

Hello
        New to the forum and have a vizio that has gone powerless. Ive been searching the net and this board to try to fix the tv. I've bought a psu, which didn't fix my issue and then tested 3 fuses on various boards. I will update my profile, search some and then start a new thread with the model of my tv. Thanks for keeping this forum up and running.

Have a good one.
        Bob

Comment

Hello
          New to the forum and have a sanyo that has audio but no video. it is a dp50747. I will update my profile and search some. Thanks for keeping this forum up and running.

Have a good one.
          LL

Comment

Hi everyone,

I found your forum by chance whilst looking for psu boards, I have limited knowledge of TVs but have excellent knowledge of Computing and PC's

Hope to see you soon

Immo

Comment

Hello, I recently acquired a free plasma tv in non working condition and have found this forum very helpful allready although I have been unable to find the problem thus far

Comment

Hey guys, my name is Pedro,

I am studing computer engineering and i do phone and laptop repairs to make some extra money to fund my studies.

Found you guys by chance on a search in google.

Comment

strohs99, here!
                  Thanx for having me. i actually registered to solve an electronic problem, but like other forums I've registered with i get hooked with a thirst for knowledge. i always post if a solution resolved my issue (I don't take the info and run off), to better help new or old threads readers.

THANX AGAIN, STROHS99 : )

Comment

Hi, new guy here. Thanks for the opportunity to post here.

Comment

Hello, I am a electronics engineer with tons of board level experience but new to using forums. I thought I would give this a try to help me fix my big screen plasma TV that is only 3 years old. I hit on some posts using google and now want to dig in. Ill try to answer any electronics questions I can from time to time.

Comment

Hello my name is Wil and my first PC was a 8086 Turbo running at 4MHz with only 640k Ram and floppy disk no HD. I'm having a problem with my Vizio TV that's how I found the site.

Thanks

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Mitch. I enjoy fixing TVs as a hobby. I mainly stick to replacing bad capacitors on power supplies. I would like to learn more though.

Comment

Hello eneryone, my name is Slobodan and I am from Serbia. I love to repair PC-PSU and I'll like to share expiriance with other people in this matter.

Comment

Hi all, great welcome! I'm new to the forum and also comparatively green to you experts, but it seemed like a good place to pick up some extras for my electrical and electronic engineering studies. Hopefully I may be able to contribute something useful in the not too distant future.

Comment

New guys here!

I've got a Samsung PN64D7000 64" plasma that recently went on the fritz. For the last 6 months or so the screen would go black if the set had been on for a few hours and would stop responding to the remote (the led on the front would rapidly blink a few times but that's it). Unplugging it and plugging it back in after an hour or would would bring it back to life. Then we'd go a couple of months with everything working fine. Then it would start again.

Yesterday it went into permanent no-picture mode. Plugging it in makes the front led blink 6 times. Also a green light on the logic board in the bank would blink every couple of seconds.

I just took the back off and checked Va and Vs with my volt meter. Va reads just about 0 volts and Vs is 6-7. So I'm hoping it the power board. Once my account is activated for new posts I'll start a thread and see if my diagnosis sounds right to anyone. Thanks!

Comment

I am 1 of the many let down by Samsung tv's and this looks to be the best forum I have seen in my search to repair my tv so I joined. Seems like Samsung designs their tv's to last about 2 years but I don't have time to get into that right now.

Comment

Hello Cannikin;

Good luck getting some response! I personally have been trying to figure out how to get a new thread started with no luck and no responses to posts. I have a RCA Plasma, Samsung rebadge, with the same problem you have. So I'll try to keep up with your thread once I find it. I replaced the power supply board because I was not getting the 55V on Va or the 207V on Vs. Didn't help anything. Still not getting the voltages.

Comment

Hello All,
                                      I'm Terry from Northern Virginia, trying to fix a visio tv. Looks like this forum is very active with a lot of information.

Comment

Hi,
                                        This is James in FL, I have a friend's cheap Affinity LE-3252 LCD TV that doesn't power on, only when it wants to. Like on the 50th repeated try with the button or remote. It does have the red standby LED which goes green when it finally decides to turn on. Everything works great when on. HDMI worked fine with a chromecast on it. Audio ok. All buttons work on the panel and remote and it turns off fine too. But then it's another 50-100 tries to get it to turn on again.

I haven't found much online about these having bad caps. These all seem ok. The power/main board is all in one and has PCB number TP.MS3391.P83 and D12080996-0A02533 on a bar code label. Manufacture date 201208.

ShopJimmy's closest board model is a .P91 for Element ELEFW327 TVs which are almost identical to the Affinity one. This post says that the common issue with the ELEF models is the EEPROM [UF11 on both boards - .P91 and .P83 (mine)]...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38980

Any help appreciated
                                        Thanks!

Comment

Hello,
                                          my name is Sebastian. I'm an german electro technican an engineer for information technology. Normaly I don't have to do with component level repair. But now I want to repair my Viewsonic LCD.
                                          I hope you forgive me my bad english.

Comment

Working...
                                          X