Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia Geforce FX5200

Hello Guys!!
    I am very New to this site,as well as to the world of capping .Actually i have an old Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128MB (128bit)....It has a problem when i start my computer using this card all goes fine windows logo appear and then as soon as Windows Welcome screen come all goes black just mouse cursor in the center(i can move it) i tried using safe mode re installing driver,windows all but all in vain,Now i have seen that it has a blown cap i want to ask that is this cap is the issue? i mean if i go for its repairing can i get my card working? Please see the Image and help me out!

Thanks!
    Sorry,if posted in wrong section!!

Re: Nvidia Geforce FX5200

well your pic is crap, does the camera have a macro function?

but generally, the caps are for a reason and they go as a group - so it will probably be fine if you replace the bad one and any others of the same type & rating.

what does the cap say on it?

Comment

had similar purple caps on a couple FX5200's ...

Asiacon .. pure crap.
      my guess is 6,3V 1000uF

Comment

the cap says:
        16v
        470uf
        sacon

will replacing the cap solve the issue i am having?

Comment

noone can say for sure.

but Sacon (= GSC = Evercon) is known pure junk. i mean *really* crappy..

if you're going to replace them, replace *all* sacon caps.. those which haven't popped yet will surely do so later..

Comment

hmmm well tell me good suitable caps!

Comment

First, could you use better grammar? it makes it MUCH easier for us to understand.

the capacitors sold here @ badcaps.net will work. You can use either rubycon or samxon, your choice. match the values (uf) and the voltage from the bad caps when buying the new caps.

good luck with your recap!
              Last edited by ratdude747; 05-22-2010, 03:54 PM. Reason: typo
              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747
                First, could you use better grammar? it makes it MUCH easier for us to understand.
                You must remember, the guy is from Pakistan. I didn't have any trouble understanding him.

Shipping may or may not be a problem for Topcat. I know he ships internationally now for a pretty reasonable price.

Comment

This would probably do the job
                  https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=51
                  I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Well I hope it works out for him. I've been running the same board with a bad cap on it for three months. I need to get brave and buy some caps and fix it.
                    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
                    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
                    Rod Serling

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Parts
                      Well I hope it works out for him. I've been running the same board with a bad cap on it for three months. I need to get brave and buy some caps and fix it.

don't be doin that! bad caps can cause a HOUSE FIRE
                      !!!

recap or not use ASAP! nobody wants any harm to you or your stuff!
                      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

well thank you everyone for helping me,and as far as grammar is concerned no one make mistakes willingly Remember my mother tongue is URDU that's why i face little problem in my sentences anyway no problem

Comment

don't be doin that! bad caps can cause a HOUSE FIRE
                          More like take out the card and other components. 50 cents now or a new card later.

Comment

Working...
                          X