Real Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Quick Question

My laptop has been ridiculously slow lately. I mean unusably so. 6+ minute bootup times, hell even just switching tabs in Firefox brings everything to a screeching halt sometimes. I suspect the four-year-old Hitachi drive in it, because I just did a clean install of XP and it's still horrendously slow.

While I'm getting a new HDD for it, I figured what the hell, might as well get it that RAM I've always wanted to buy.

It's a 2005-ish HP Pavilion ze2113us. Crucial tells me it takes 200-pin SO-DIMM PC2700, DDR333. I want to put this in it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820134186

Is that gonna be fine? It's a one gig stick of Kingston 200-pin SO-DIMM PC3200, DDR400. I'm 99% sure it's gonna be fine but returning shit to online retailers is a bitch.

Re: Real Quick Question

You'll find 99% of others will be 99% sure it'll work fine too. Just once in a blue moon you get a system (generally a laptop) that doesn't play with a particular make/size/speed of RAM, but there's no way of guessing what will/won't other than actually try it.

Comment

Re: Real Quick Question

The ram should be fine; anyway check the disk for bad sectors with Hitachi's Disk Fitness Test.

Zandrax
      Have an happy life.

Comment

Working...
      X