Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again! Microsoft puts GWX updates as recommended.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again! Microsoft puts GWX updates as recommended.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing...matic-download

Microsoft take your fucking shit, get the fuck out. I'm tired of your bullshit.

Re: Here we go again! Microsoft puts GWX updates as recommended.

Saw this coming. it'll be a critical update before its all over.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Next up... Your computer is rebooting to upgrade to Windows 10

With no cancel button. And mysteriously the restoring back to 7 option will be gone.

Comment

I wonder if the EULA for Windows 7 has something in it that would make the take over of windows 10 legit and preventing any lawsuits against Microshaft?

Comment

So sick of this. You have to uninstall those updates so many times as it is. I'm guessing I'll be getting some calls this week.

Comment

a friend of mine who fixes windows was talking to me yesterday,
            he has seen an interesting problem TWICE now on win10

machine boots to the desktop, but there are no programs/icons
            you cant run anything at all.
            and that includes the recovery disk!!!

Comment

<sarc on> Wow! Two times is a trend! <sarc off> Is that two times on two separate computers or twice on the same machine? edit: not a M$ fan but let's be real.

Comment

Oh *bleep!* I've had enough with W10 and Microspyer's JUNK. I am SOOOOO ready to have every computer in our house have Ubuntu installed on it(I may have to reinstall myself) just to ditch W10's junk. YYYYYAAAAAHHHHHHRRRRRRGGGG...
                Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
                RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
                Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
                - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
                - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
                - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
                - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

seperate computers.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...1&postcount=22

Problem solved
                    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

^
                      I disable all that through gpedit, that way nothing sneaky can re-enable it. For instance, if you disable automatic updates, and then install MSSE, MSSE installer re-enables automatic updates....but if you disable all of this through gpedit, its disabled permanently, atleast in win7 and S2K8. I can't speak for 8/8.1 though.
                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                      http://folding.stanford.edu/
                      Team : 49813
                      Join in!!
                      Team Stats

Comment

I'm still using windows 7 pro, but when the time comes when its no longer safe, I will most likely install linux. It's a shame because all the new games will soon move away from win7 and I just upgraded my main PC. Oh well, I'd rather not use Nazisoft Vindows 10

Comment

^+999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999...
                          Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
                          RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
                          Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
                          - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
                          - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
                          - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
                          - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X