more win10 stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: more win10 stuff

Sadly, their core audience doesn't seem to give a shit... nothing.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

and it just keeps piling on

http://www.t3.com/news/windows-10-wi...rised-hardware

thats the europe EULA, i'm waiting for the US one to come out

Win 10 is offically off my maybe list
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

oh well I guess i'm not entirely correct. But i'm sure things will change later. M$ can change it to do as they wish at any time

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...e_not_so_fast/
        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

something interesing in the comments on one of those links.
          "You know you can revert back to 7 after an upgrade within 30 days"
          so the guy said.

so are ms changing the serial number reg to win10 on people who take the upgrade so it wont unlock 7/8 after 30days?

it's gonna piss a lot of people off if they find that a legit 7/8 license they paid for has been efectivly invalidated after 30days of 10.

and what's this "Windows 10 will sniff out and block pirate games and unauthorised hardware" all about?
          what the fuck is "unauthorised hardware"???
          are they gonna start certifying hardware generally now, like they did with tuner cards for media center so hardware makers have to pay to get a certificate???

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            and what's this "Windows 10 will sniff out and block pirate games and unauthorised hardware" all about?
            what the fuck is "unauthorised hardware"???
            are they gonna start certifying hardware generally now, like they did with tuner cards for media center so hardware makers have to pay to get a certificate???
            No, this was misquoted/misunderstood.
            It's the EULA from Xbox.

Comment

that doesnt explain the "unauthorised hardware",
              USB is an open standard - if you have a usb connector then you cant bitch about what gets plugged into it.

Comment

But the Xbox is not. Hacked controllers with rapid fire springs to mind.

Comment

those controllers are still usb

Comment

http://localghost.org/posts/a-traffi...-of-windows-10

I knew this windows trainwreck would run off the rails in mid-late 2015:

While the inital reflex may be to block all of the above servers via HOSTS, it turns out this won't work: Microsoft has taken the care to hardcode certain IPs, meaning that there is no DNS lookup and no HOSTS consultation. However, if the above servers are blocked via HOSTS, Windows will pretend to be crippled by continuously throwing errors, while still maintaining data collection in the background. Other than an increase in errors, HOSTS blocking did not affect the volume, frequency, or rate of data being transmitted.
                    I've seen this on bastardized/malware'd W7; the bit above about "prentending" to be crippled while still data-caching, then dumping the payload once full access is obtained is right out of the "spy on kids every night thru the mike and webcam, then dump it to the $chool hive when within WLAN range."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-84712852.html
                    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...ebcam-at-home/

Then mike/keylogging & this:
                    You might think that "telemetry" has to do with OS usage or similar... turns out it's telemetry about the user. For example, typing a phone number anywhere into the Edge browser transmits it to the servers above. In another example, typing the name of any popular movie into your local file search starts a telemetry process that indexes all media files on your computer and transmits them to:
                    And if something you have matches a falsified/Prenda'd database, your stuff is removed "in the name of infringement?" It's only gotten traction because "copyright" has been made into such a hot button that's been used to leverage this shit.

Think there's a backlash to that now? They wanted the "remote remove" as far back as vista- imagine the backlash there would've been then. The "consumers" needed softening up via H8 before they'd "take" this...

Modern PCs have sufficient processing power to do searches, even voice recognition; there's no need to pull a "Siri" and feed the audio stream to the mothership, unless of course, you have such contempt for the "users" of your spyware-as-OS.

No more excuses, no more rationalization, no more "giving passes" and weaseling your way out; every time someone "accepts" any of this, they simply enable m$ and other slime to ultimately control them.

That's how we got to where we are!!
                    "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                    Originally posted by shango066
                    All style and no substance.
                    Originally posted by smashstuff30
                    guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                    guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...w-crash-loops/

Comment

Originally posted by DocSlop via ARF
                        Regardless of whether Win 10 is a good thing or not, I'm getting really annoyed at the constant (many times per day) appearances of the pop up exhorting me to take the free upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. Microsoft is not being subtle or polite about it!
                        That's what you get for not turning off Automatic "Updates."

If gas chambers could be disguised as "showers," you damn well better realize that malware can be/has been disguised as "updates."

Helloooo??? Ding dong!!! Wasn't there malware that gave fake systray notifications? Is it that hard to pay attention and be aware of "social engineering?"

Oh wait, that's silly- the way people eat this up, it's like they want and expect it; complete with a bit of Stockholm syndrome, defending and "validating" M$ the entire time, as the full-screen solitare ad (running on IE or its replacement, as usual) enhances the "experience."
                        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...

Comment

Don't turn off automatic updates, just don't select the box marked "Give me recommended updates the same way i receive important updates"

It's clear Microsoft has lost its way recently, it's trying to emulate the success Apple are having but it's not quite found a way to do it.
                          Windows 10 is still very immature, it's not been out a month and it wasn't finished by the release date. It's not surprising there are a few issues considering the near infinite hardware and software combinations people are running.

Watching what the users are doing is nothing new. Android, OS X, iOS and even Ubuntu all do the same by default.
                          Last edited by diif; 08-18-2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                            Don't turn off automatic updates, just don't select the box marked "Give me recommended updates the same way i receive important updates"
                            I'll what the hell I have to in order to tame this brazen freakshow.

The circus has been around since IE-OS, AKA first release of win98.

The only person that determines what goes on my machines, including those I work on, is me.

Aren't you aware of M$ slipping crap in W7 "updates" to further the XBONE-ing of H8 and 10en???

I haven't seen them so brazen, even in the IE4 "is required" days; perhaps they "learned" how/what they could get away with on XBONE... Shit, look what they got away with. Why stop there when everyone makes excuses, and suggests "do this instead?"

If you don't understand, it's an intrusion that needs to stop. Either learn how, and take care of it yourself, or be screwed. Those who keep "trusting" M$ to do "the right thing" will continue to get a raw deal, ever since they've been "trusting" M$ since win98.

Have fun in 1984.
                            "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
                              If you don't understand, it's an intrusion that needs to stop.
                              It will never stop. As long as there are sheep dumb enough to fall for all this, nothing will improve, it will only worsen. The world thought all hell broke loose in the OS war when WinXP was released with *dare I say* Product Activation!! People cried about that "intrusion" for years.....all of a sudden, nobody cares about it, just like they won't about all the abominations that 10 does as well....they'll get used to their "screwing".
                              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                              Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                              http://folding.stanford.edu/
                              Team : 49813
                              Join in!!
                              Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                It will never stop. As long as there are sheep dumb enough to fall for all this, nothing will improve, it will only worsen. The world thought all hell broke loose in the OS war when WinXP was released with *dare I say* Product Activation!! People cried about that "intrusion" for years.....all of a sudden, nobody cares about it, just like they won't about all the abominations that 10 does as well....they'll get used to their "screwing".
                                Don't know what ya mean, OM- that's never been, ahem, a "problem."

I'll one-up you on that. How about the parrots who've fallen for the "XP's gonna stop working after such'n'such a date?"

And you know what that date is? The date they malware-ize their XP system, that's when...

Actually, the whole thing with XP and "begging permission" was really just to condition/soften weaklings, and make them "go along and shut up," ultimately conditioning them to accept later things like itunes, (new)hotmail/outlook, vista, and 8/10.

The "XP's gonna stop" was desperate fearmongering by M$, 'cause their XBONE sucked, and needed a "following" who'd buy the lie, and fall for H8. And now "ten."

As for the sheep, yes! Let them enjoy it! They're unwise to their own folly, even after multiple warnings, so the hell with em. Unfortunately, the rest of us are then stuck with the garbage...
                                "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...

Comment

I'll what the hell I have to in order to tame this brazen freakshow.

The circus has been around since IE-OS, AKA first release of win98.

The only person that determines what goes on my machines, including those I work on, is me.

Aren't you aware of M$ slipping crap in W7 "updates" to further the XBONE-ing of H8 and 10en???

I haven't seen them so brazen, even in the IE4 "is required" days; perhaps they "learned" how/what they could get away with on XBONE... Shit, look what they got away with. Why stop there when everyone makes excuses, and suggests "do this instead?"

If you don't understand, it's an intrusion that needs to stop. Either learn how, and take care of it yourself, or be screwed. Those who keep "trusting" M$ to do "the right thing" will continue to get a raw deal, ever since they've been "trusting" M$ since win98.

Have fun in 1984.
                                  Yes I am well aware of what is happening to those that haven't got their computers configured correctly. None of my computers are nagging me to update.
                                  Computers are like cars, they need regular maintenance and if the owner isn't knowledgeable enough they can always seek the services of a professional or seek out the information themselves.

Microsoft never said that XP would stop working, just that they weren't supporting it any more.
                                  Last edited by diif; 08-18-2015, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Computers are like cars, they need regular maintenance
                                    A gross oversimplification.

Cars don't screw over drivers and pull "vistas" on them, do they? Not including the onstar or ford/M$ shit, just as a "machine." (Well, collection of several.)

Last I checked, there isn't a jar of metal shavings, that gets dumped into the crankcase when the driver/passenger/occupants' "infringing" music, is picked up by a tap/bug/mike and checked against a database, is there?

Wait, that "feature" is available as an "update."

Microsoft never said that XP would stop working, just that they weren't supporting it any more.
                                    I don't know who started the myth (first guess is M$), but I have had people whose PCs I service come up and ask me that, and in such a way that indicated they were "shined on."

I then had to explain the entire XBONE/H8 situation, and that M$ was desperate.
                                    Last edited by kaboom; 08-18-2015, 06:51 PM.
                                    "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...

Comment

A gross oversimplification.

Cars don't screw over drivers and pull "vistas" on them, do they? Not including the onstar or ford/M$ shit, just as a "machine." (Well, collection of several.)
                                      No, a very good analogy.

Not sure what you mean by pull "vistas" ?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/14/c...easily-hacked/ thats's WVs and all the other makes under the VAG umbrella, Porsche and Hondas.

The standard factory fit stereo in my car did not play mp3s so i swapped it out. Now it does and it sounds better. And it's mic not mike.
                                      Last edited by diif; 08-18-2015, 07:05 PM.

Comment

That's closer to snooping on someone's open WIFI and then stealing logons/CC info.

Is it really that hard to say "enough is enough?"

I guess not, since it's been a self-fulfilling fantasy since "IE is required."

The standard factory fit stereo in my car did not play mp3s so i swapped it out. Now it does and it sounds better. And it's mic not mike.
                                        You didn't even "get" the point I was trying to make...

This is what we have to look forward to, since everything is "bound and determined" to go "mo-beel," as the ten-fanatics are dead set:

Originally posted by Steven Lavimoniere via youtube
                                        i already did that (redownload/reinstall the app) last week after talking to jim, and it was good at first then the other day i went to use it and the app was gone. had to reinstall in again . its been a fuck show . hope its better now. time will tell
                                        On the PC side, it's not just gonna be "apps." How about personal/industrial documents, music/videos (personal and otherwise), emails, etc. They'll be there one week, then they'll vanish. Not before they're "burglarized," shared, and uploaded, of course...
                                        Last edited by kaboom; 08-18-2015, 07:08 PM.
                                        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...

Comment

That's closer to snooping on someone's open WIFI and then stealing logons/CC info.

Is it really that hard to say "enough is enough?"

I guess not, since it's been a self-fulfilling fantasy since "IE is required."

You didn't even "get" the point I was trying to make...

This is what we have to look forward to, since everything is "bound and determined" to go "mo-beel," as the ten-fanatics are dead set:

On the PC side, it's not just gonna be "apps." How about personal/industrial documents, music/videos (personal and otherwise), emails, etc. They'll be there one week, then they'll vanish. Not before they're "burglarized," shared, and uploaded, of course...
                                          #oops, your doctor who upgraded just broke doctor-patient confidentiality. You know, as if that meant anything....
                                          Last edited by goontron; 08-18-2015, 07:14 PM.
                                          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                                          X