is my computer infected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is my computer infected?

I've got this problem, when I try to open or run an application it doesn't open. It just sits there doing nothing. When I open Task Manager, I can see the program in Process list but that's it. I don't know what the issue is. When I restart my computer the program opens and runs, but anytime after that it stops opening and does this. Is this the sign of a virus?

Re: is my computer infected?

Download and run the free version of Malwarebytes.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Try this one too http://www.surfright.nl/en/kickstart
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

It sounds like you have some sort of malware. Try malwarebytes as suggested before, if that doesn't work try Housecall.Trendmicro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vivi View Post
          I've got this problem, when I try to open or run an application it doesn't open. It just sits there doing nothing. When I open Task Manager, I can see the program in Process list but that's it. I don't know what the issue is. When I restart my computer the program opens and runs, but anytime after that it stops opening and does this. Is this the sign of a virus?
          if you give up google "denver tech for all" i am there most every saturday as a volunteer.
          Last edited by goontron; 12-13-2014, 12:29 AM.
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Usually, I don't prefer using those, but I gave it a shot anyways , and I still haven't gotten a solution. Actually I just found out, its only ONE program (game) that was having such issue. The Tomb Raider 4 game engine. (level-edited patched engine) The only application doing such.

I would still like to know why it does this (because I use this often).

Originally posted by goontron View Post
            if you give up google "denver tech for all" i am there most every saturday as a volunteer.
            I searched in google: "denver tech for all" and got to the website; is this a place where people go to have their computer's checked out?

Comment

is tomb raider a steam game?

Comment

Probably the newer ones like Tomb Raider Anniversary, but this one in particular is not.

Comment

go to the folder where the game is, and open a dosbox.
                  then run the exe and see what messages appear in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivi View Post
                    Usually, I don't prefer using those, but I gave it a shot anyways , and I still haven't gotten a solution. Actually I just found out, its only ONE program (game) that was having such issue. The Tomb Raider 4 game engine. (level-edited patched engine) The only application doing such.

I would still like to know why it does this (because I use this often).

I searched in google: "denver tech for all" and got to the website; is this a place where people go to have their computer's checked out?
                    EIDOS put out a patch for the full retail U.S. version of that pc game. It should fix that issue. I can not remember the patch name but Google for it. Something like, Tomb Raider 4 The Last Revelation Game Patch.

Comment

Oh, yes I've found the patch for it. Its good for the original tr4 game engine, but I guess (for some odd reason) it works for this one too. Anyways, problem's solved, thank-you so much for all your help!

Comment

Working...
                      X