Emachines T2042 *dead*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emachines T2042 *dead*

Thanks for all of the info. A very good friend of mine recently had his main box go down. I searched for only moments and stumbled across this thread. Replaced the power supply with one I had shelved, Ultra 350w. The board, cpu, memory all benchmark standard. Great site, I joined!!! Thanks guys for all of your help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadMasterM
      Thanks for all of the info. A very good friend of mine recently had his main box go down. I searched for only moments and stumbled across this thread. Replaced the power supply with one I had shelved, Ultra 350w. The board, cpu, memory all benchmark standard. Great site, I joined!!! Thanks guys for all of your help!!!
      you really dodged a bullet!
      most of those evilmachines dont survive psu failure.
      plenty of empty cases of the deceased here to get stuffed in the next junk car body thats heading to the shredding hole.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210
        Well, my uncle changed his PSU with an Antec Basiq 350W one and I guess everthing has been perfect so far. I think Antec Basiq units are FSP OEM?? I hope it has good caps so it lasts a while without blowing anything in his PC.

I recently bought a High Quality (and very expensive) Thermaltake 430W PSU and it has Capxon and Su'scon caps in it... which makes me kinda worried about my expensive Intel D965LTCK motherboard that its powering.
        The Antec Basiq I believe uses Capxon caps. Not the best in the world but they should hold.

Originally posted by stevo1210
        It has a 3 year warranty that I don't want to void.
        That's what a blow dryer and a razor knife is for.

Did I just say that ?

But seriously check out your supply in this review at Hardware Secrets they open up the supplies and perform all types of tests including load test to see if they can really supply their rated power.

It's fun to watch the videos of the Yum Cha supplies blowing up at less than half of their rated load .

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/332
        Last edited by Krankshaft; 08-17-2008, 02:20 PM.
        Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

A very interesting tidbit from the Thermaltake review.

"The conclusion is that according to our methodology Thermaltake Purepower 430 W NP isn't a 430 W power supply, but a 350 W model! We also could only pull 16 A from its +12 V output, while the label says the limit is 18 A.".

When they attempted to pull the full 430 watts from the supply the over power protecton kicked in. This is normally to prevent the PSU from frying if you pull over its rated power.

However this limit is supposed to be slightly above or at the supplies rated wattage!

It's also manufactured by HEC (a Taiwanese Company) I seriously hope that it's not the same HEC that makes bad capacitors.

If you don't drive the PSU really hard though it should hold up fine and on the bright side at least it shut it self down during the tests rather then blowing itself up.
          Last edited by Krankshaft; 08-17-2008, 02:37 PM.
          Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

It has a 3 year warranty that I don't want to void.
            given the reputation of su'scon caps, you should want to void the warranty.. lol

btw $120 for a 430W PSu is really too much..
            days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft

It's also manufactured by HEC (a Taiwanese Company) I seriously hope that it's not the same HEC that makes bad capacitors.
              Do you mean the "YEC" caps, which BTW have saw bad before.
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I need a client to bring in another dead eMachine or two... I'm hunting for short cases under 15" total height.

I just worked a live eMachine today, and found it had a Delta PSU installed. Surprise, surprise... nice to see one without a Bestec in place.

Comment

hello,

I am looking for a copy of the two restore cds. is there any way that I can get a set. I have lost my original set. Perhaps some how down load them
                  regards
                  Cid

Comment

Originally posted by bgavin
                    I just worked a live eMachine today, and found it had a Delta PSU installed. Surprise, surprise... nice to see one without a Bestec in place.
                    i have a t5026 with a delta 350w. case ventilation sucks, the hard drive gets really hot all the time. i upgraded it to a p4 presscot 630 and a schythe katina cooler. btw, the psu is aftermarked, i dumped the burnt up bestec.
                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

My friend's grandpa gave him his old Emachine a couple of days ago. 2.8ghz celeron D with 1 gig of ram,

Surprised to find a 300W Lite-on psu.

Comment

that happened to me before when i tried to turn on the PC i heard and saw a spark so i replaced the PSU and it worked fine after that.
                        My Computer.
                        AMD APU A4-3300 2.5ghz 1mb cache
                        Motherboard GigaByte GA-A75M-S2V
                        Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

SB Audigy 2 ZS [B800] Sound Card
                        500GB WD Caviar® Blue™
                        1 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™
                        2 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™

Comment

just to bring up a necro thread.

emachines with bad bestec 250atx-12e psu. partially fried motherboard; boots but both the audio chip and the usb lines seem damaged. shows up in windows but won't actually work/run.

also; measured the 5v line and the voltage is fine when running. however, spikes on power up.

Comment

Originally posted by kleung View Post
                            just to bring up a necro thread.

emachines with bad bestec 250atx-12e psu. partially fried motherboard; boots but both the audio chip and the usb lines seem damaged. shows up in windows but won't actually work/run.

also; measured the 5v line and the voltage is fine when running. however, spikes on power up.

Sometimes, there's diodes or a MOSFET matrix that keeps certain things powered at all times.

When the system's on, normal +5 is routed to audio, USB, etc. But when off, +5SB then powers those items. Needless to say, if the standby supply runs away, things will fry.
                            "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                            Originally posted by shango066
                            All style and no substance.
                            Originally posted by smashstuff30
                            guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                            guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

LOL just saw this today, been told that the e-machines is still running till this day and soon will be in retirement!
                              Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X