Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Article about cap replacement [IEEE Spectrum]

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/jun05/2651

Buffed up with US $100 in replacement parts, a $150 disc player can challenge players that cost ten times as much. But forget about your warranty...
    Q6700 @ 3.6 GHz
    Zippy GSM-6600P
    Curcial Ballistix PC6400 (4 x 1Gb) Micron D9GMH
    Abit IP35Pro
    ATi HD4870

Re: Nice Article about cap replacement [IEEE Spectrum]

This article gives me ideas for other devices as well - not just CD/DVD players.
    ie. PVR's etc.

Comment

On the power supply circuits (Consumer electronics > Power supply) I have submitted to www.eserviceinfo.com (username: RE-King), I have recommended upgrades, as well as suggested replacements for the electrolytic capacitors in most of them (especially those which use "unknown" or not-so well-known brand units).
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Read that when it came out... we have all that stuff around work... spectrum etc etc...
        Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

He started light and easy, then progressed deeper and more involved at the end.
          Power supply mod had excellent tips, but getting into the opamps and dac got me thinking about buying high end to begin with.
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X