No announcement yet.

How long we should test Samxon caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How long we should test Samxon caps?

A message has been sent to Joe. Let see if he agree to send samples for this 'official' testing of samxon caps. He has also been informed about this thread.

Sorry for late reply, i feel sleepy all days because of this WorlCup things... (sad story for Aussie, eh?) )
    days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

For the last time guys, ON TOPIC PLEASE!! bigpope is ancient history. post your Samxon technical data and testing results, or hit your 'back' button. The next time I have to clean up useless posts, I'll just close the thread until someone has something worthy of posting.

*edit*
      Yanz, that was not in reference to your post. There were a few worthless posts under yours that were removed.

Thx for all your input.
      Last edited by Topcat; 06-27-2006, 04:33 PM.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

I, too, dont want things other than technical discussion attract too much attention. This thread should continue or we move to another thread for result, both are fine for me. I'll still look for another result of the testing by davmax or kc8adu. Not to forget, some of us and another member from another forum have use the caps in their rigs, it should be considered as a lifetime testing. Probably they already know about this thread too.

I guess, until then we wont recommend Samcon caps until things get clear about it longevity and stable performance. For they who willing to try the caps, then go try it. For they who dont believe in samxon caps, then dont use it. Stick with jap brands.

Topcat, it seems that Joe don't want to send you samples unless you ask by yourself. The detail is in the pm i'll send. I am a bit dissapointed, but i can't help it.

I'll be off for 2 weeks for jobs outside the island, this post isn't even posted by me. See you again, and thanks..

Yanz
        days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

yanz,

All is gone out. I am back yesterday. I will send the samples to Top Cat for testing soon.

Thanks for your effort with SAMXON.
          My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

This thread needs to stay as a technical thread. I will create a new thread to post the results of my experiments.

Bigpope and I have resolved our differences, and everything is just fine.

Thank you for the samples Joe.
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

Yanz said he is very pleased. Thanks for both of you.

Comment

The samples for the KT7 arrived yesturday. Thanks again Joe!

I'll post a new thread when I collect the rest of the parts I'm lacking, and begin the testing. This should be a great and interesting experience!
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Great to see Bog Pope back. As I mention into the PM to Topcat already, I think the test of there same boards could be nice as long, as there are there same PSUs, and better recapped all with Pannyes and maybe even with added ceramics on their outputs to make the voltage good for the test - and measure ripple on the PSUs power outputs as well, as on Vcore when measuring it

That should make the test great and neat

...anyway, anyone can donate 4th KT7 board and / or solid polymer caps for recap? That would be pretty sweet

edit: I should mention that these boards has to have also be into the same room, but not stashed up on each other, but into the same heigh placed + using the very same CPU coolers (same fan/RPM) to generate the identical airflow, witch is important to cool the caps down... to extend their life - my Teapos made 5 years w/o problems, so...
                  Last edited by trodas; 07-08-2006, 02:01 PM.
                  "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
                  "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

Comment

Originally posted by trodas
                    ...anyway, anyone can donate 4th KT7 board and / or solid polymer caps for recap? That would be pretty sweet
                    If someone has a 4th to contribute, that would be great. I have 3 identical ones as it is. I have plenty of matching RAM, and I've got 2x 1GHz CPU's, so I'll need one more CPU (possibly 2 if I get another board). I need to recap them and start this. The PSU's will also be identical.
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

Well, don`t make it to complicated. And Ceramics on the PSU O/P is a little too idealistic. I want to see some kind of REAL life test.... bad PSu`s and ripple is IMHO not that unusuall with today`s crapy PSu`S.
                      May be, if those Samxons are too reliable ( ) TC could add some realy crapy PSU`s to force those caps down.
                      I am shure, that pannies and rubies have some reserve for that conditions ( may be i am wrong there). And then we could see how honest those caps are. I know, i am a little too demanding, but if you want to know the real thing, you have to go beyond the border.
                      In any way, i think TC will do that test setup in the right practiall maner to give a clear picture.

Comment

Working...
                      X