Help in finding few replacement capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help in finding few replacement capacitors

I am currently looking for replacement caps for my corsair sp2500, and i need some advice on replacement caps.

Caps:

1. 4,7uF 100v, Y.C (yang-chung enterprises?), BP (Bipolar), diameter: 10mm and lenght: 14mm

2. 1000uF 50v, Tbor 1011, 105C, diameter: 13,2mm and lenght: 25,2mm

3. 100uF 25v, Tbor 1008, 105C, this one has PET marked on it, diameter: 6,3mm and lenght: 11,5mm

Re: Help in finding few replacement capacitors

You would have perhaps been better in the audio forum - Normally you look up the datasheets for the caps you have then select replacements accordingly with the same esr and ripple rating.
    I have not heard of the make of caps you have but our audio gurus might have.
    Also I do not know where you buy caps in Finland, you could look on Digikey and Mouser
    and RS components to check their delivery charges. We have one or two regular members in Finland so they may be of more help.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Earlier today I found a post in the FAQ's (I think) that shows suppliers worldwide grouped by country, i.e. if you live in country "x", here's a list of vendors. I think if you look around in the FAQ's you'll find a list of vendors that sell to Finland.

Comment

Finding where to buy isn't really the problem here. It's finding the datasheets for those caps that i mentioned earlier... But i'll guess if no one knows where to find them then i'll have to estimate/guess the ripple current for them.

Comment

4.7uF @ 100V <-- I'd go with RX30 for those values
          1000uF @ 50v <-- KY or ZLJ should do the trick
          100uF @ 25v <-- RX30, YXF, YXJ, ZLJ etc

Comment

Originally posted by ouroboros View Post
            I am currently looking for replacement caps for my corsair sp2500, and i need some advice on replacement caps.
            Beware that this speaker system may have bad degraded glue problems, not just the capacitors.

Caps:

1. 4,7uF 100v, Y.C (yang-chung enterprises?), BP (Bipolar), diameter: 10mm and lenght: 14mm
            From the brand, sounds like capacitor used for speaker crossover network. There are very few bipolars to choose from. Usually I would go for Nichicon EP series...

2. 1000uF 50v, Tbor 1011, 105C, diameter: 13,2mm and lenght: 25,2mm
            This one is on the power supply board, if not mistaken. Corsair actually used a general purpose 105C capacitor in that section (right after the rectifiers)! If you look right under the capacitor leads at the bottom of the board, then you will find SMD ceramic capacitors in parallel with them (used for the low ESR side). If you want to follow using general purpose capacitors, then look at Panasonic NHG series which has the correct size. For low ESR types, try Nichicon HE series although its a little taller (at 40mm).

3. 100uF 25v, Tbor 1008, 105C, this one has PET marked on it, diameter: 6,3mm and lenght: 11,5mm
            Another general purpose capacitor, if not mistaken. I would suggest Nichicon PW series for replacements...
            Last edited by lexwalker; 08-23-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lexwalker View Post
              Beware that this speaker system may have bad degraded glue problems, not just the capacitors.
              Yes, i saw a thread of this somewhere, on the amplifier board glue had changed it's colour to brownish and surface had condensation of some kind... Tips on what to do about that are appreciated.

Originally posted by lexwalker View Post
              This one is on the power supply board, if not mistaken. Corsair actually used a general purpose 105C capacitor in that section (right after the rectifiers)! If you look right under the capacitor leads at the bottom of the board, then you will find SMD ceramic capacitors in parallel with them (used for the low ESR side). If you want to follow using general purpose capacitors, then look at Panasonic NHG series which has the correct size. For low ESR types, try Nichicon HE series although its a little taller (at 40mm).
              All of the caps i mentioned are on the amplifier board, i kind of forgot to mention this, sorry. And big thanks to all of your input on the matter so far.
              Last edited by ouroboros; 08-24-2014, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Yes, i saw a thread of this somewhere, on the amplifier board glue had changed it's colour to brownish and surface had condensation of some kind... Tips on what to do about that are appreciated.
                Degraded glue can become conductive and cause all sorts of problems. Plus degraded can also corrode and oxidise as well. I've worked on one of these Corsair SP2500 speakers: Badcaps Forums > Electronics Theory and Troubleshooting > Audio Equipment Discussion >Corsair SP2500 parts information required. Would be nice if you could tell me the resistor (R930) and capacitor (C937) values mentioned in that thread (as those were burnt and blown up badly, markings were beyond recognition). Can also see what that degraded glue did to the board and components...

All of the caps i mentioned are on the amplifier board, i kind of forgot to mention this, sorry. And big thanks to all of your input on the matter so far.
                I've also cleaned the degraded glue on the amplifier board. It "ate" up a ceramic capacitor near one of the amplifier outputs. If you want to see the results (before and after), then I can post them...
                Last edited by lexwalker; 08-24-2014, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X