Capacitor help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitor help please.

I am looking for a capacitor by Rubycon the part number I have been given is a,

6.3MCZ1800M8X20

Rated Voltage 6.3
    Capacitance 1800uf
    Tolerance 20%
    Temp Range -40 to 105c
    Rated Ripple current 2350
    ESR12
    Diameter 8mm
    Height 20mm
    K vent on Top
    Through Hole 2 pin.

I have searched everywhere and I did come close but the Rated ripple Current was different and so was the Height and Diameter, but could I get away with trying any of the two capacitors that I was lead to believe may be ok.

I went to a website called farnell in the UK and did a product search for,

1744874 and 1800609

Would they be any good?

I could basically cry because Im so sick of searching, lol.

Thanks Guys for any help given.

Re: Capacitor help please.

i think i read in other post around that the MCZ series was an OEM series, but, i a m not sure.

if you are tryin to replace a low esr cap with those specs i guess u could get it rubycon or not... about those u asked, i dont know their specifics but if they are 1800/6.3 and low esr then i guess they are good, as long as they fit...

also, im not good on advises on this issue, you may want to wait for better replies.

peace.
    We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.

Comment

MCZ is not OEM only. - I think you are thinking of MFZ.

The Electrolytic caps with ESR that low or better are:
      Rubycon MCZ [obviously]
      Samxon GC or GA Series
      Nichicon HN or HZ Series
      Chemicon KZJ is also but KZJ have heat issues. [Don't use them.]

Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by Aknot View Post
        I am looking for a capacitor by Rubycon the part number I have been given is a,

6.3MCZ1800M8X20
        This part number comes from thecapking.com. Badcaps.net has these as well, but they are completely sold out and won't have any for the next couple of months (see badcaps.net - announcement right on the front).
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, in my first post I mentioned farnell and the part numbers would these caps do I need the specific ones I already have.

I just noticed the announcement, thanks for the info.

Comment

Aknot
            Edit your profile and put in you location. [At least the country.]
            It helps for questions like this.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

Farnell gives you a link to the data sheets.
              Look at Ripple, more [bigger number] is better.
              Neither of those Part numbers are as good as MCZ.

-

- Dr Seuss
              -
              -

Comment

Working...
              X