ati radion 9100v/d/vo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ati radion 9100v/d/vo

blinking junk during post/garbage in images.
    found 4 licon 470@10 bulging.
    replacement caps cured it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kc8adu; 11-16-2005, 10:36 AM.

Re: ati radion 9100v/d/vo

added pic

Comment

What caps you have used for replacement? I have some Sapphire Radeon 9600 cards with them. Actually nothing bulged, but i want on this rig a "on time got all buggers recapping". ATM i am considering some Panasonic FM 1200uF or some 2200uF MCZ. I do not have anything smaler atm.

Comment

470 up to 2200 is a radical jump, even 1200 is a two and a half X jump up.

What's with the blue felt tip marking across the vents, quality assurance?
        Jim

Comment

Ooh, I'll have to keep an eye out then. My neighbor's 9100 has the same caps.
          You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
          Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

Well, i know its a huge jump, but from my point of view it should not be that important on those buck controlers. May be i google for an app sheet of the controler chip. If it can handle that low esr i think i should be fine. The FM`s arent that low esr than e.g. Oscon or MCZ. Inrush current should not that dramatically higher than with 470uF cap. May be i leave them, as they are probably not bad atm.

Comment

I've got a Radeon card with Licon caps. No sign of bulging or leaking yet, but I regularly take the card out and check that nothing has happened to the caps.

Also, why do they mark the top of caps with a pen on video cards?
              You know there's something wrong when you open your PC and it has vented Rubycons...

Comment

probably QC to assure none of their crappy caps is bulged before the cards are shiped. IMHO capsare bought in large quantities and are then stored for several yearsuntil they used them up. Thus even frommthe good ones there could be a bad in a few thousends.

Comment

Oh, my last 4 pcs of Samxon GC 470uF 16v D10mm have sent to trodas. I am using these for recappment with Radeon 8500/9100 series in the past. Now, I will not get stock again, because i am using GD 680uF 16v D10mm for replacement.
                  My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

Working...
                  X