Polaroid le32gcl flashing stanby led followed by logo screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid le32gcl flashing stanby led followed by logo screen

Went round to do a house maintenance job today at an old dears near me.
    Whilst there she asks if I know anything about TV's.

So says yes and then gets shown her patient.

Its a horrible Polaroid Lcd telly, quite a good pic tho, to give it, its due.

The lady tells me, it can take upto 3 hours before it comes on with a picture, it will then generally stay on.
    However, if you pop it into standby even after its had its prolonged warm up, and has been playing happily, when you boot it back up you get a flashing stanby LED between red and blue, followed by the set showing the polaroid logo and going blank.
    mainboard is one of those horrible mutant affairs, TP.SIS231.P83

Anyone had this before?

Re: Polaroid le32gcl flashing stanby led followed by logo screen

Reading some of the other threads on this model it may well be cheaper to buy a replacement board and ensure that you match it to the panel model or you could try an EEPROM Replacement

http://www.ohmsupplies.co.uk/epages/...ectID=10735497
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

maybe try heating each board up with a hairdryer for a few minutes and see if you can narrow down the board at fault also what psu is uses in this tv and can you also post pictures of the boards used in this set.
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-24-2017, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Its the eeprom that has failed. You can try flashing another firwmare , but the logo might change from POLAROID to other names(FUEGO, VORTEX,UNITED) and the screen might be upside down.I can send couple firwmares that you can try.
        I can email you the files if you want.
        Last edited by ducky29; 01-24-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

If it's the black power board check for bad caps under heatsink
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Hey Ducky that sounds great!!!!
            Sorry for being so Dim but as i have said in other posts, i have been out of the TV repair game for quite some time.

How do i go about reflashing the eproms on these and other tellys?

do i need a laptop/PC some sort of serial/data cable and some software?

Any help would be greatfully received.

I told the old dear that if its not a simple cap replacement problem, that its prob not worth repairing as cost of a replacement Main board would make it a dear repair and better to put the money towards a new set.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbateson View Post
              Hey Ducky that sounds great!!!!
              Sorry for being so Dim but as i have said in other posts, i have been out of the TV repair game for quite some time.

How do i go about reflashing the eproms on these and other tellys?

do i need a laptop/PC some sort of serial/data cable and some software?

Any help would be greatfully received.

I told the old dear that if its not a simple cap replacement problem, that its prob not worth repairing as cost of a replacement Main board would make it a dear repair and better to put the money towards a new set.
              You need just a formatted usb flash drive.

The best fix is to replace the eeprom with one that you can get at ohmsupplies for 15£

But lets hope you can fix it for free.
              Ill PM you the firmware

Comment

You would need a programmer so if you don't have one then I would suggest you give Ohms Supply a ring and confirm their EEPROM is suitable for your mainboard/LCD Panel combination.

Comment

PM sent. Let me know

Comment

Hello Peeps,
                    Hopefully someone can help me out of the Sh1Te!!!
                    I have tried installing/flashing the firmware for this tv, as a member on here kindly sent me the file.

Unfortunately this has left the set in a worse or at least different problem than what i started off with.

The set now thinks its a vortex?? (never heard of them) i wasnt to fussed about that, but it left me with 2 problems.

Now the Polaroid remote wont work the set? ( thought that even though its I.D. had changed, it would still use the same remote??)
                    I got a universal remote to work the set, and managed to get it to retune itself.
                    However when the picture came back it was all messed up. I cant think of the best description but it looked a bit like it was polarized with all the colours were wrong, bit like when you had an old tube telly that needed degausing.
                    Can anyone help with either the correct firmware to make this set a polaroid again or at least perhaps get it so that it displays a proper picture.
                    Thanks In advance.
                    Paul B

Comment

maybe as above post gives ohms supplies a ring and see if there firmware will work in your set what panel is used in the tv (usually on a white sticker on the tvs metal chassis)

Comment

It's probably set up for a different panel. You could look in the hidden menu and see if you can alter the panel setting........with great care noting what it is currently set to.

Comment

I am away from home at mo so wont get a chance to play till later in the week.
                          Is this secret menu accessed by (menu4725)?

Ta 4 replies guys

Comment

I think it may well depend on what the set believes it now is. It's not Polaroid because you said it does not respond to the remote. What does it say it is when it boots up?

Comment

post 10 he mentions its saying vortex on start up ive never heard of them

Comment

Vortex does come up on a google search.
                                http://www.fjinter.ro/vortex/en/tele...led-32t1d.html
                                Last edited by dick_barton; 02-20-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                  post 10 he mentions its saying vortex on start up ive never heard of them
                                  Its the same TV but for the Romanian Market

Comment

Hi,

I have been given a Polaroid SSDV2311-I1-D0 TV with this fault of turning on for between 20-30 seconds and turning off while the light flashes and no response to controls.

The panel in this TV is V236BJ1-P01 (Chimei-Innolux).
                                    The mainboard is a SSDV3241-ZC01-01. Additional markings on board SIS288/289. White sticker also contains M58/A60093/13.

Could someone give me a firmware to try please?

Also I don't have a universal remote handy at the moment, so would be nice if I don't lose that functionality.

Also what is the part I'm pointing at with the probe, there is a white box printed underneath on the PCB. I want to identify it so I can figure out how to test it.

Thanks.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Shotgun25; 04-28-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I had an identical problem to this Polaroid 23inch TV. I took a dump of the faulty spi flash ic which I can upload if anyone's interested in looking at? Did you Shotgun25 manage to get a dump for the Polaroid TV as I could do with sorting out the board with this set?
                                      Last edited by cheeky2; 05-17-2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun25 View Post
                                        Hi,

I have been given a Polaroid SSDV2311-I1-D0 TV with this fault of turning on for between 20-30 seconds and turning off while the light flashes and no response to controls.

The panel in this TV is V236BJ1-P01 (Chimei-Innolux).
                                        The mainboard is a SSDV3241-ZC01-01. Additional markings on board SIS288/289. White sticker also contains M58/A60093/13.

Could someone give me a firmware to try please?

Also I don't have a universal remote handy at the moment, so would be nice if I don't lose that functionality.

Also what is the part I'm pointing at with the probe, there is a white box printed underneath on the PCB. I want to identify it so I can figure out how to test it.

Thanks.
                                        The part you are pointing at looks like a ferrite bead

Comment

Working...
                                        X