Sanyo WG fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo WG fake

Aware of the ebay seller: goodbuy711 - ALLPARTSPIPE but I guess that you all know that.

One is Sanyo WG 6.3V 3300uf.

The other "sanyo WG 25v 1000uf". from allpartspipe.
    10x23mm.

Slighty different colour tone. Wierd bottom, X at the top.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thzar; 07-30-2010, 08:42 AM.

Re: Sanyo WG fake

Looks like a Teapo capacitor...
    Thanks for the heads up and Welcome to Badcaps!
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Even good fakes will always have the sleeving pulled too far over the vent.

Comment

Teapo don't have "X" vents.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I just bought some Sanyo WG 3300uF 16v 10mm caps from eBay seller may139188, and they look like they may be fakes. I'd like a little confirmation before I confront the seller about this - can someone take a look at these caps and let me know if they're likely fake?
          Attached Files

Comment

Steven - those are most certainly fakes.
            "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Yup, the + shaped vent gives it away. It should have a K shaped vent. Throw them in a fire and watch them explode.
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

i have a question-if you recieve fake caps can you returns them?

Comment

The bung also gives it away, it should have an elaborate bung, not just a flat bottom with some circles (on some of the caps? lol)

If you search for my forum name and Sanyo you should be able to find a post where I posted pics of some genuine Sanyos...
                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                    The bung also gives it away, it should have an elaborate bung, not just a flat bottom with some circles (on some of the caps? lol)

If you search for my forum name and Sanyo you should be able to find a post where I posted pics of some genuine Sanyos...
                    Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                    Yup, the + shaped vent gives it away. It should have a K shaped vent. Throw them in a fire and watch them explode.
                    Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                    Steven - those are most certainly fakes.
                    Thanks for the confirmation. I'll bring this up with the seller and see what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                      i have a question-if you recieve fake caps can you returns them?
                      The seller I bought from has a return policy, but that'll require return shipping to China. It may end up costing more to ship them back then I'll get refunded. Probably depends on who you bought from. Some of these people probably knowingly sell fakes, so you may not be able to return them for that reason only.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260542820958
                        fake rubycons still on sale a week after i reported them .

Comment

http://www.365laptoprepair.com/EbayG...63V-105C-10-pc
                          more fakes.
                          look at the bung.
                          everyone here with an ebay account needs to report these fakes.the reporting system is a pain in the ass to use.another reason i buy very little off ebay anymore.

Comment

Don't bother returning things to China, and don't bother ordering them from there in the first place.
                            "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

rule #1 of buying caps: ebay=BAD idea!
                              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
                              X