Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung UN55ES6500 left side screen issues

(moving this to its own thread)

got the tv in 2013, working great to now. wife was using it during the day ( i was not home) turned off to pickup kiddo at school came back says she thinks i made a noise and then the issue happend

problem is on only the left side of the screen. right side is normal. in fact if you cut the tv in to vertical 1/4th's the left most has a normal lighting but is interlaced horizontally with black lines and come dim color and animation ghosts in this area the left middle no ghosting but is very dim, right mid and right most both look norm. back light seems to be good across the tv.

after reading on here a bit i tested disconnecting the t con board and powering up screen looks good totally black back lights are all on no images persist on the screen. reconnect the t-con and back to my problem state.

i have experience with repairing several electronics but mostly just component boards not so much with testing caps and power bars and such. mostly have worked with pc's and game consoles first time getting inside a tv like this

looking for someone else who might have some since of what could be the root of this.

thanks for any help. can post pictures if helpful.

Re: samsung UN55ES6500 left side screen issues

Mine has the same issue. Did you ever figure out if it was the tcon or panel.

Comment

Images of fault ?
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

first picture is with both ribbons on tcon hooked up the second one is the right side unhooked as you look at the back and the third is the left side unhooked.
        Attached Files

Comment

I would say panel failure sorry.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

I am inclined to agree but was hoping that maybe someone found the tcon to be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
              I would say panel failure sorry.
              Since removing one side of T-CON ribbon causes the whole screen to show dark it says that your panel/screen is definitely defective.

Comment

Thanks, that helps put the nail in the coffin.

Comment

So by chance does anyone think removing the tabs from one side might fix it? If so would it be the right side that is bad?

Comment

No...I tried that once....it didn't help....sorry

Comment

Based on what I have found I want to try. What is the harm. Anyway I presume that I should remove the tabs from the left side but want to make sure first. Can anyone confirm this.

Comment

Is there a small print board on the panel where the tcon tabs go into? If so might be worth while to measure for a shorted cap on that?
                        Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

I will check next week, thanks.

Comment

Well found one capacitor shorted c01 on the right hand side tab but I have no idea what the value of it is.
                            Attached Files

Comment

first just remove the cap and see if short is gone on the board,then turn on tv and try it?
                              Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Im liking your effort here, maybe remove ones near it and find their value ? Quite low voltage Id say as well.

Comment

go to the board on the other side and measure the one there .... :-)

Comment

Pulled the capacitor and the short was still there and promptly lost the capacitor. Problem changed, now I only have lines in video on about 1/4 of the side and video is tripled.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                    X