• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anatek blue esr not working correctly

Originally posted by rekluse View Post
    VR1 is 10k ohms(labeled 103)
    VR2 is 200 ohms(labeled 201)
    thanks for clarifying that much thanks....got resistors shipped to me working on it now

Comment

BOM and parts locations, you may want to look at your assembly instructions to see if it is the same as yours or not, may have newer version with components updated.
      Attached Files
      Never stop learning
      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

BOM = Bill of Materials, in case you were wondering...
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

okay i corrected the vr1 and vr2 and all the 5% resistors are corrected now problem is them peeps at anatek only sent me 5% and no 1% after i clearly stated to send all new resistors all of them are good to go except 1 lousy 70k 1% resistor only thing stopping me from firing this puppy up to calibrate it UGHHH!!!! and i only have 2 blue resistors left and one is for calibration and the other is not 70k!!!!! WTH!!!! can i use any 70k resistor? cause getting them to send me a lonely resistor is a bit silly ......

Comment

and on the assemble list does not show 70k!!!! with color code chart!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              BOM = Bill of Materials, in case you were wondering...
              thanks tom i have been wondering your awesome man.

Comment

okay i am done sending this crap back since they can't package it right and can't get to work right either and yes there was error on my part but i checked it over have everything right except one missing 1% resistor they can fix it or do something cause i aint gonna lose 80 buxs due to cross eyed packagers ...yes i am getting angry cause it crap and the idiots working at anatek can't package right resistors then furthermore only send me 5% after i clearly told them ALL of them not part of them ALLLLL of em ....and i also suspect lp2950 may be incorrect as well and its the only odd one out of 14 and it reads on it 22md2je ky5050 not sure its right or not but all the other ones are either 2n3904 or 2n3906 and yeah there in their right places i know i aint that doofy and caps are right and the ic's are right man ready to shessh them knuckleheads

Comment

This is a Wise move, keep us informed about their actions, if they resolve the problem with out playing further with your nerves, this is all that matters.

Comment

Can you post another photo now that you think you have it assembled correctly.

I don't wish to sound rude, but what exactly have anatek done wrong? You are ranting & raving about them, but from what we have seen so far, you have made errors in the assembly. Despite saying that you have checked & rechecked the layout, you didn't even realise that the 2 pots had different values, despite this being shown in the BOM!

Have you corrected the mistake in the 220k & 220R resistors which I can clearly see in your photo? You say that there is a problem with a 220k resistor, but are you reading it correctly. Did you check the colour codes of the resistors?

It is very rare for a new resistor to have an incorrect value unless it has been stressed by heat. Why did you demand that Anatek send you a complete set of new resistors? Have you replaced them all?

Finaly, you still haven't clarified this 70k resistor. It's not shown on the BOM. Where is this 70k resistor supposed to go?

I think you are being very harsh with your comments about Anatek. The chances are that it's your assembly errors causing the problems, & not a problem with the kit.

Invisible airwaves crackle with life
                    Bright antennae bristle with the energy

Comment

Here is the BLUE ESR manual, I do not see anything regarding to 70K resistor, no fine print that I can see.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                        okay i am done sending this crap back since they can't package it right and can't get to work right either and yes there was error on my part but i checked it over have everything right except one missing 1% resistor they can fix it or do something cause i aint gonna lose 80 buxs due to cross eyed packagers ...yes i am getting angry cause it crap and the idiots working at anatek can't package right resistors then furthermore only send me 5% after i clearly told them ALL of them not part of them ALLLLL of em ....and i also suspect lp2950 may be incorrect as well and its the only odd one out of 14 and it reads on it 22md2je ky5050 not sure its right or not but all the other ones are either 2n3904 or 2n3906 and yeah there in their right places i know i aint that doofy and caps are right and the ic's are right man ready to shessh them knuckleheads
                        1) You cannot tell them to modify their BOM with your specifications anymore than you can tell them what design changes to make. Don't expect them to comply. You're gonna get exactly what their design specifies, with some exceptions.
                        2) LP2950 regulator may be substituted for another, such as 78MCYFE KY5050--see BOM.
                        3) All of this is simply evidence that you're inexperienced.
                        4) The 70k is either a misread on your part or a simple mistake by a packager.

You can, of course, send it all back and get a refund. But remember that many have built this without a single problem, including me, with some possible mistakes corrected. You must carefully check your work. If you can't do that, then buy one that's built. But the statement about your returning the stuff "a wise move" is really a misnomer, there's nothing "wise" about it because it's merely motivated by your own anger. But that's your prerogative.

(More and more, I'm beginning to think this is a kid's forum.)
                        Last edited by MDOC; 01-15-2013, 01:37 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

I bought a blue ring tester ready assembled , i considered building one from a kit but the price difference to me did not seem worth the risk. I have never failed
                          on a build yet but like i say i just could not be bothered and was happy to pay
                          extra for a ready built one. I understand how you feel with it bud.
                          These things can make even the best techs feel " in need of a prozac".

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                            Here is the BLUE ESR manual, I do not see anything regarding to 70K resistor, no fine print that I can see.
                            470k resistor my bad figured that out but still don't have that resistor and they are sending me one.

Comment

Originally posted by MDOC View Post
                              1) You cannot tell them to modify their BOM with your specifications anymore than you can tell them what design changes to make. Don't expect them to comply. You're gonna get exactly what their design specifies, with some exceptions.
                              2) LP2950 regulator may be substituted for another, such as 78MCYFE KY5050--see BOM.
                              3) All of this is simply evidence that you're inexperienced.
                              4) The 70k is either a misread on your part or a simple mistake by a packager.

You can, of course, send it all back and get a refund. But remember that many have built this without a single problem, including me, with some possible mistakes corrected. You must carefully check your work. If you can't do that, then buy one that's built. But the statement about your returning the stuff "a wise move" is really a misnomer, there's nothing "wise" about it because it's merely motivated by your own anger. But that's your prerogative.

(More and more, I'm beginning to think this is a kid's forum.)
                              i have simmered down and talked with the folks and yes i have checked the resistors and yes they mispacked them 5% resistors mainly because i simply did not have few of the correct values and when they sent me new ones low behold i was able to find those values and yes i am not an expert but being not an expert then throwing a monkey wrench in it with wrong parts got me fired up yeah i admit i was mad but next day over it and worked with the fellas at anatek.....

Comment

Originally posted by Radio Fox View Post

I don't wish to sound rude, but what exactly have anatek done wrong? You are ranting & raving about them, but from what we have seen so far, you have made errors in the assembly. Despite saying that you have checked & rechecked the layout, you didn't even realise that the 2 pots had different values, despite this being shown in the BOM!

Have you corrected the mistake in the 220k & 220R resistors which I can clearly see in your photo? You say that there is a problem with a 220k resistor, but are you reading it correctly. Did you check the colour codes of the resistors?

It is very rare for a new resistor to have an incorrect value unless it has been stressed by heat. Why did you demand that Anatek send you a complete set of new resistors? Have you replaced them all?

Finaly, you still haven't clarified this 70k resistor. It's not shown on the BOM. Where is this 70k resistor supposed to go?

I think you are being very harsh with your comments about Anatek. The chances are that it's your assembly errors causing the problems, & not a problem with the kit.
                                yeah the 220k and 220r has been corrected ...and its 470k not 70k the 4 was very hard to see on pcb ...but still don't have that value so they are sending me that one little 470k 1% waiting on it.....right now yes when i double checked everything i went by the color codes on the bom sheet and tested it with my dmm to verify i corrected the pots and yes they sent me wrong resistors cause at least 5 of them did not match the bom nor did it read the values i needed people make mistakes and in this case it was both of us..

Comment

Originally posted by Techstar View Post
                                  I bought a blue ring tester ready assembled , i considered building one from a kit but the price difference to me did not seem worth the risk. I have never failed
                                  on a build yet but like i say i just could not be bothered and was happy to pay
                                  extra for a ready built one. I understand how you feel with it bud.
                                  These things can make even the best techs feel " in need of a prozac".

yeah well i figured it would be a good experience and i love the challenge unless somebody throws a monkey wrench in there to screw with my head but it sorted, now waiting for that lonely 470k 1% resistor ..yeah i have lots to learn but not a dummy either i mean shoot if ya got a 180k resistor you put your dmm on 200k and it should read 180 or very very close its not rocket science ...i did put it together wrong at first got most of it corrected when they sent me 5% kit just waiting on that 470k atm

Comment

Originally posted by Radio Fox View Post

also want to note not to be whatever but the 470 k 1% resistor is supposed to be "yellow violet yellow brown" if you look at the pics that does not exist and the only other blue resistor i have is the calibration one so yeah it was mispackaged it really messed with me but it sorted just waiting for that one lone resistor to come in... i understand how you think i totally put it together wrong well yeah wrong resistors LOL when they sent me the 5% i found the values i needed and corrected them and yes the 220k and 220r has been corrected so that being said there was mistakes on both parts they just threw a monkey wrench in for me that's all ...all is good i will get this beast working....

Comment

Good show, my man. You're gaining experience already.
                                      Note, however, that a 470k 1% resistor color code is not yellow-violet-yellow-brown; that's the code for the same resistor value, but it's not a 1% tolerance resistor. Take a look at the "resistor color code" table the BOM again. 470k, 1% has a 5-band code (not 4): yellow-violet-black-orange-brown. (4-7-0-K-1%), the K representing 3 zeros (color code: orange=3, this is the multiplier band), or in other words, 470,000 ohms or 470k, 1%.

The last color band in a 5-band resistor represents the resistor tolerance. The 3rd digit band used in the 5-band resistor is used as a multiplier in a 4-band resistor, and the fourth band (if it exists on it) is the tolerance. Carbon resistors that don't have a tolerance band (a 3-band resistor) is always 20%.

Note that the "4-band code (5%)" column in the "resistor color code" table is incorrect:
                                      the fourth band in the four-band resistor in your kit is not "brown", it's "gold". Gold represents 5% tolerance. So a 470k 5% resistor is yellow-violet-yellow-gold, not yellow-violet-yellow-brown. All those "brown" colors in the 4th band should be "gold" in that column.

Last edited by MDOC; 01-16-2013, 01:23 AM. Reason: One more definition for last color band

Comment

I said in the previous post that "a 470k 1% resistor color code is not yellow-violet-yellow-brown; that's the code for the same resistor value, but it's not a 1% tolerance resistor." A small error, because the last color band in a 4-band resistor--brown--is 1%, but the "4-band code (5%)" column in the "resistor color code" table in the BOM is still incorrect; all the 4th band color (brown) should be "gold".

That will be reflected in your kit of 5% resistors. Your 470k resistor will have 5 bands on it, not 4.
                                        Last edited by MDOC; 01-16-2013, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDOC View Post
                                          I said in the previous post that "a 470k 1% resistor color code is not yellow-violet-yellow-brown; that's the code for the same resistor value, but it's not a 1% tolerance resistor." A small error, because the last color band in a 4-band resistor--brown--is 1%, but the "4-band code (5%)" column in the "resistor color code" table in the BOM is still incorrect; all the 4th band color (brown) should be "gold".

That will be reflected in your kit of 5% resistors. Your 470k resistor will have 5 bands on it, not 4.
                                          Thanks for the info gives me a better idea whats going on and certainly lessened the confusion however i checked over again while i am waiting for that lonely resister to come in via mail and still had wrong resistors in kit, but will update results when i get the part in..Again thanks for the info ...

Comment

Working...
                                          X