Been hit... with something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been hit... with something!

I had a party here a few weeks ago and my computer was open for use. In other words I left it on so people could use it if they liked. Proved to be a hit because most party-goers spent the night on Youtube with Gangnam style. Anyway, I dunno what's happened and I think some noob got spyware on my computer!
    There's this thing which keep highlighting stuff and popping up. It's called savings sidekick?
    I cant get rid of it for some reason, will i have to reinstall windows now?

thanks.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: Been hit... with something!

Tried scanning in safe mode with Malwarebytes?
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
      Tried scanning in safe mode with Malwarebytes?
      I'm trying spybot S&D now. I'll see what happens after a scan.
      Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Yup. Never loan out computers at a party... unless it's soley geek friends who know better (and don't have a grudge against you).
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
          Yup. Never loan out computers at a party... unless it's soley geek friends who know better (and don't have a grudge against you).
          It was a brand spanking new Acer all-in-one Core i5 PC as well! Well at least the touchscreen got great attention that night.

Guest: "OMG, OMG the mouse moves when I touch the screen!"

Me: "yes, why yes it does =.=' "

*thinks to self... this person must be living under a rock!*

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
            or keep an old linux box around for that.i would like to see a site that can drop malware on a linux box.not seen one yet.
            for sure dont leave laptops out.lost count of laptops in for repairs after someone tried to get them drunk.

Comment

This looks a bit too simple
              http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3233022AA1EcAE
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                Doh! If only I saw that earlier on!

Anyway, Spybot S&D found it and got rid of it for me

Comment

Try Hitman pro next time you have a party works great for stubborn viruses,malware
                  http://www.surfright.nl/en

Comment

Working...
                  X