This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, Tom from Cleveland, Ohio area. Retired from broadcasting and still tinker when I have to. Looking for Dell monitor cap replacement advise which lead to this site. Very informative and distracting. I will get back to my monitor as soon as I finish perusing this site. I sidetrack easily.

Comment

Hello my name is MoFry, I am a 41 yr old computer technician in the Atlanta Ga area. Always looking to connect with fellow computer techs

Comment

Hi! I'm Jennifer Schmalzried. Trying to get to understand tech a bit more thoughly. I'm 19 years old, living in the Lafayette area. CNA by trade, looking to farther my education there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet & Spicey View Post
          Hi! I'm Jennifer Schmalzried. Trying to get to understand tech a bit more thoughly. I'm 19 years old, living in the Lafayette area. CNA by trade, looking to farther my education there.
          She forgot to mention that's she's my GF too.
          sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Darling, I was trying not to brag. <3

Comment

You should really get that eye looked at.
              36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Hi

My name is Tristan and Im a maintenance engineer for a major car company in the UK.
                A few months ago I had a cap problem with a Yamaha AV Receiver and successfully fixed it with help from a similar forum. I learnt alot during this process and have now found this forum after a similar problem with a TV set.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Im just find this awesome forum on Google for an capacitors issue regarding an television that i had.

My name is Stephen, 32 years old, computer technician and network operator. Also passioned a lot in 'Electronics', computers and photography. Im also an web designer and a hardly fanatics of computing. I does computing from the age of 10 and learned all computing from my comodore vic20 until win8. I was an electronics manager and audio/video expert. I had sell a lot of electronics and computers in the last 12 years. i've get badly injury with an bad working accident with lifting an plasma and broken my back. I had changing my working career in electronics sales to computer technician/publicity/network technician in the last 4 years due to this accident.

im equipped a little bit in electronics and does some electronics projects for myself and poeples from my family. I had done some LEDS customised for floor lightning and also door lightnings, also repair some capacitors on many electronics like tv, dvd, cable television box, and save a lot of money to my friends and familly to give them an help. Im passionnate regarding electronics and i am Learning more in depth this year in 2013 to learn more logics in electronics and also want to get my amator radio callsign here in canada. My father was in my Young age also has an bricoler (ann DIY electronics repair) and it always had been an passion for me.

Im just happy to find this and hope to discuss with you guys!

Thanks
                  8ternity
                  Last edited by 8ternity; 04-04-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Hello from TerrificInTahoma,

Well, just joined the forum, but my typing of English is a little rusty.
                    Don't know all of the rules, just the usual , which seem pretty reasonable.

Anyways, a tiny hello.

Comment

Hi,
                      I'm gbj, 37, Zagreb, Croatia, IT & service manager.
                      I've been visiting badcaps.net for a long time.

I've replaced many caps on motherboards, psu's and monitors.
                      Mostly on DELL and APPLE computers and monitors.

I've found some answers for several problems on this site
                      (etc SAMSUNG 740b - perfect).

regards,
                      gbj

Comment

Hi
                        I'm Alekso from Macedonia.
                        I'm computer and electronic technician.
                        I've repaired many electronic devices and 80% of time was failing caps, so it is normal to be part of this forum

Comment

Hello Everyone,

My name is Derek and I'm currently a senior in Energy Business and Finance though I also have a bit of a background in Electrical Engineering from taking classes in that discipline too.

I'm looking to learn a lot more about the practical "hands-on" side of circuit repair. I have a large Plasma that needs fixing, and would love to help others out too once I better know what I'm doing.

Most of my work has been in designing and building battery systems for electric vehicles, however, I'm certainly looking forward to learning lots of new stuff here outside my comfort zone :-)

Comment

Hey guys, I am joining up as I have a Tivo that needs some work. PM or email me if you know anything about the TCD652160 series power supplies. I need to replace two bulging/burst Capxon 1000uf 10v 105c C729 VENT caps. I ordered replacements from digikey but they are not the right ones, too tall and skinny. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

Hello all :-)

Name's Robin, started in electronics at around 8yrs old. Went 'pro' at 18 and have had a good living and much enjoyment so far, though these days I seem to spend more time trying to figure out someone else's buggy pc software for the day job !

Been lurking for a while - there's clearly some clever / experienced people here, hope I can be of help too.

Cheers
                              Robin

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                My name is 30Fyllos (Triantafyllos in Greek ==>> Trianta=30 Fyllo = leaf). I am very impressed of the work you are doing and very happy to joined you. I am sure that this event will make my life easier, since I have to deal with the "2 sec to black" with my Samsung P2270H. I found a lot of pages to read-learn already, before applying for membership.

Comment

Hi guys,

I found your site with the help of the high def forum. I'm more interested in LCD digital TV's that computers. I'm a really old codger, having started with computers with the original SINCLAIR. Since then I've had two E-MACHINES and now the ACER laptop connected to my 40 inch SAMSUNG that I'm writing this on.

I enjoy working on things. My only electronic experience is building several HEATHKITS so I do know how to solder.

At the moment I'm having strange problems with the TV, and I suspect either a bad cap, bad solder joint, or bad connection. Unfortunately the SAMSUNG service person here in Panama City Florida is Korean and he and I have a problem communicating. After I finish seaching your board, and if I can get the TV to do it's strange tricks long enough to get some good pictures I'll post them to see if anyone has any ideas.

I'm also having postrate problems at the moment and just haven't had the energy to move the TV and take the back off. I'm sure I'll enjoy just reading about the problems other people are having and the possible solutions posted by people that know what they are doing and can both read and write English.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am currently pursuing a bachelor degree in computer engineering and i'm in 3rd year. I enjoy fixing any type of electronic device, especially laptops. I found this forum since my dell d520 laptop broke and i was looking for a fix. Paul678 faced the exact same problem as me and fixed it so I'm going to bug him for info . All in all, I'm here to learn and share my knowledge (mostly learn).

Comment

Hello folks, my name is Peer from Germany currently living in the UK, i.e., the last 7 years. I have a computer science background but can hardly hold a soldering iron. However, I like to temper with any kind of electronic or electrical equipment and came here on the forum to find some clues to what could be wrong with my 1997 Samsung LE4087BDX, ordered a handful capacitors (before opening up the TV ;-) but the power board looks good (no bulged capacitors)

Seems that I have a lot of reading (homework) to do, definitely I don't want to replace capacitor when it looks fine!?

If I don't find something I'll probably try to open a new thread.

Regards,

Peer a.k.a. MM9800S

Comment

hi all! mic check one two , one two

Comment

Hello,
                                          My name is Rob. I have been messing with taking things apart a long time. it's the "putting back together that I have questions on". I have been lucky with 9 or 10 TV's or monitors lately but always looking for another.

I live in Wisconsin and have an engineering degree or two from the UW. I work in the aerospace industry.

thanks for all the help!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X