This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Howdy my name's Nathan I was born in Seattle and currently live in Austin with my wife and 2 daughters. At the moment I'm a stay at home dad who desperately needs a hobby. Always have loved all types of technology and currently am interested in repairing TVs and studying up for the comptia trifecta tests. It was due to a current TV repair that I'm stumped on that led me to this site. My hope is not just to fix a few TVs but to get to know some like minded people.

Comment

Hello my name is Daniel. I am a retired auto mechanic with an interest in electronics. Most of the automotive electronic jobs at my former Dealerships got sent my way. It was not because I was so talented,more like others were satisfied with more mechanical repairs. Currently I am interested in "computer audio" and making use of inoperative equipment I purchase on the cheap. Hope the time comes I can help someone else out.

Comment

Hey !
        Great to know about you guys,
        greetings from an electronics engineer in Chile!!
        Saludos!!

Comment

Hi there. Thanks for letting me join this forum . I work for maplin but also have my own PA company which is my true passion but fixing things is another.

I have loads of things to ask you guys about my current project which is confusing me to death.

Cheers everyone.

Comment

Welcome everybody in the site!
            I'm a new guy here, I also work on electro field since 2002, started with EMS company as SMT technician and repairman leader.
            It was a fun to program robots like Panasert chipshooter, Yamaha or Assembleon... Nice memories!
            Company was closed at 2012 but as my hobby, I kept the repairing of PCB's, priorized the laptops as my biggest playground :-)
            Thanks for attention

Comment

Hello Everyone,
              I'm proud to become the community as a new guy, thanks a lot.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I'm amazed about finding a very valuable piece of information on this forum. Just great!

Comment

Well, hello there,
                  we are two dudes from germany.
                  me (the younger one) = IT-Systemelektroniker (new name)
                  the other dude (old but gold ) = Kommunikationselektroniker/Informationselektroniker (old name)

Our work is our Passion. We love to Fix things instead of throwing them away.
                  We fix notebooks primary, no matter which brand.

Core task:
                  BGA Rework not Reflow (the durability of our reworked BGA´s is undefeated).

Secondary tasks:

Revive dead Batterys.

Since Win10 we like to Read and Write BIOS blocks too .

This is just a pinch of what we do.

We are happy to be a part of this community and hoping for further work together.

If you guys have any question dont bother to ask.
                  we have a lot of bios dumps and schematics that we have gathered over the years.

Thank you have a good day.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                    Thanks for the registration!

I am passionate in IT World, Playing Games, Repairing and Upgrading PC is nothing new for me. Get myself awarded with MCDST. Work as Software Developer, mostly on web application in virtualbox. Currently Using Mac for my machine.

Getting excited in understanding the Electronic troubleshoot and repairing after successfully replace bad capacitor. and looking forward to expand my knowledge and helps.

Cheers from KL, Malaysia

Comment

Greetings everyone.

I am 47 years of age. I live in Eugene, Oregon and have lived here most of my life.

I started tinkering with computers and electronics as a teenager. I excelled in my electronics and computer classes in high school, college, and ITT. No degree.

My first experiences with computers were those like the Commodore PET, Tandy TRS-80, etc. I then moved on to some CP/M computers like a Sony, Televideo, Kaypro, etc. Next was a move to an 8086 XT with DOS. I worked my way through all (most) of the x86 and a variety of x64 platforms, and DOS/Windows platforms. I have some Apple/Mac and Linux experience as well. Presently, I'm using Windows 7 & 10, Linux, Android and IOS on multiple computers/devices. I'm equally comfortable with software and hardware.

I've accumulated nearly 30 years IT experience. I've repaired, upgraded, and built many systems and devices. I've also accumulated many years of experience servicing, building, and hacking many types of electrical and electronics devices, gadgets, and systems.

I'm almost entirely self-taught in computers, electronics, and much more. I'm very much of a do-it yourselfer. Given the proper resources, there are few projects I'm not willing to at least make an attempt at.

I'm happy to program, tinker, hack, build, repair etc. Helping others is a real pleasure of mine as well.

I look forward to becoming a part of this community for all that may benefit.

Comment

I'm an old Electrician who likes to stay busy working and learning and sometime fixing my family's computers and tv's

Comment

Hi! Im a beginner DIY-man trying to save myself the cost of a new TV.
                          My only experience is teaching myself to put a PC together some years ago. Also as a kid i was constantly picking things apart to "see how they worked".

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi All
                              Been working in electronics for about 35 years and still love it.
                              Always learning something......always something to learn!!
                              Personal interest runs heavy towards vintage audio gear but not limited to it.
                              Also love rc planes!!
                              Thanks for having me....
                              Hugh

Comment

Hey Everyone!!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Comment

Hello from an engineer !!!

Comment

Greetings all!

Comment

Hello everyone, I was an electronics technician many years ago way back when. I worked on 2-way radios and my experience goes all the way back to vacuum tube equipment from the 1950's and I'm proud to say I acquired a 1st Class Radio Telephone license and I wonder if anyone here is old enough to know what it was. I also have an Associates in computers(1995) and an Associates in Electronics(1975) Anyhoo I'm considering opening a repair shop where I live need help with my first project.

neferkamichael

Comment

i'm living in france. i'm interesting in tv repair . i have no experience but i like to learn. my english is not perfect as you can read. but i use to read english or american and when i meet words i ignore i call google translate to help me !!

Comment

Working...
                                          X