X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everybody

I'am Yan from Canada and i want to to learn.

Thanks.
    Last edited by yan.mesa; 02-01-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone!
      My name is Ashley and I'm 22 years old.
      I'm no technician by any means but if anything is broken around the house, I prefer to try and fix it myself instead of spending insane amounts of money to have someone else do it for me! I figured that joining this group would allow me to ask questions and gain insight on how to repair my own electronic devices by myself.
      I'm actually hoping to learn a lot!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am here to work on my plasma Tv. I have a good idea what is broken already, but would like to delve into circuit diagnosis rather than just replacing the power supply, or x/ymain.

I hope to learn logs and get it fixed!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm from Italy and I'm an IT tech with electronic hobby.

thanks

Comment

Great to be a new member! I've been trying to troubleshoot my Samsung LN37A550P3FXZA which suddenly would not turn on one day. No prior issues, just decided to crap our. Disconnecting and reconnecting results in a flashing red LED in the lower right bezel and a steady blue glow beneath the Samsung. I suspect it is detecting an issue on power up, but can't seem to find info on the power-on self test. Schematics and/or a theory of operation for the power supply would be great. PS is BN44-0216A. DC filter caps look fine, unlike the ones I just replaced on my Samsung DLP. There are no bad ideas, so all comments are welcome!

Comment

Hi. Im Dennis From Cavite Philippines. DIY techie hoping to learn more about computers and how they work. Have a nice day

Comment

hello
                my name is jacob.want to learn how to repair laptop motherboards

Comment

Hi
                  I am Neil and really interested in TV repair

Comment

Hello all my name is Larry and I'm new to the TV repair world.i have worked with power supplies, TV's, computers.i look forward to exploring the art of TV repair with everyone.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Terry from Malaysia. I'm an IT Technician hoping to learn and getting advice from Guru's in this great forum.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello

Name is Markku, and electronics a somewhat serious hobby. Half educated in it, too, but programming for work.

Plenty of bad caps in the devices in my junk storages, and a project or few related to them.

I'm finally trying to push through one of my eternity projects of making something useful out of at least some of the 8 (or more) old/broken PC PSU's and a number of broken/old motherboards I have. And as it happens, this time around I found pretty much exact match on this forum with one of the problematic units of mine, so it seems I can get the missing component values. Perhaps even hints on how to improve it so it lasts more than couple years this time around. It is a bit more involving project than just replacing broken things with working stuff; dropping extra rails, adjusting ripple steering if possible, more accurate regulation, etc. So might take a longer moment to finish, if ever. But that is what hobbies are for.

Comment

Hello, My name is Alex I am new the working on electronic devices, but I am mechanically inclined to do all of the fixing of any devices I have. I am looking forward to learning how to fix my television and I hope to one day help someone like today where it is I who am looking for help and guidance.

Comment

hello to all members and staff
                            i'm happy to be with you guys

Comment

hello to everybody!!!

Comment

I would like to introduce myself also. I am 29, Greek but i live in Germany the last 3 years. I have studied Computer Engineering but the last months i am interested on electronics. As IT supporter it is very helpful to have some basic electronic skills. Its not a long time ago since i started exploring the world of electronics, a couple of months to be honest, but the more curious i am through reading and learning, i like it more and more. But please dont forget that i am still a newbie.

I would like to exchange experiences and troubleshooting for the devices with which i am facing a problem, so other users may repair their devices too.

Comment

Hello! Just signed up to the forum as I often get asked to fix electronic devices and stumbled across this forum when searching for help on a Samsung TV main board which someone has tried to repair in the past. They've mad such a bad job of it I think the board will need to be replaced (capacitors replaced but solder pads ripped up and huge globs of solder used instead!!) Cheers all. Ian.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for accepting me !

Comment

Ok, I'm new, why du I have to do this

Hi there...

I just singed up because I need help with my Bravia KDL-46V5800 TV (Black Screen Issue, searching fpr (Recovery-) Firmware!).

So please give me the rights to open a new thread.

Greetings
                                      Tonne

Comment

Hey fellow members! Just signed up for the forums to expand my knowledge of electrical component repair. Experienced with automotive systems, ecu/ecm modifications, and tuning.

Comment

Hi everyone. New member - old EE- but getting back into circuits after many years. Recently started repairing old equipment and seem to have a knack for it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X