This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello there my name is John and looks like this is the place to be.
    lotta good info here and hope to contribute a little

Comment

Bla bla bla

Hey im here to take all this great info and fix all my junk

Comment

Hey guys! Nice forum, nice content!

Comment

Hey You all Guys!
          I've been reading this forum for ages and suddenly needed to get one attachment opened so it was obvious to join this community. And what a community this is! So much knowledge in one place!
          My dearest hobby is electronics and component level repairing specially. My knowledge in computers is a bit retarded, but I'm trying to get gap shortened. I've a bit of information on CNC machines and 3D-printing also.

Comment

Hello, everybody !

Comment

hello everyone, first time joining but ive ran across the site many times over the years and have found some useful info! Ive repaired a few TV's and lots of computer monitors so i have a crude idea of what im doing...

Ill make a post about my current problem in the proper area.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey! This is Mark from Berkeley, California.
                I'm really glad to find this forum.

I'm already a believer in how changing out a bad cap can make a broken piece of electronics work beautifully again! Sometime around 2006 I picked up a 4 Trace HP Oscillioscpe 2nd hand - a model 54601A made sometime around 1992. After some months of non-use, when I went to it one day and turned on to use it, the bottom half of the CRT screen was flattened up into the the center. Not particularly usable! I did some googling on the model number and problem and found a discussion like ones on this site. People with the same issue before had written and shared the stories of their problems and found solutions. Like the problem and googling which led me to this site today, these folks had found that dried out, bad old electrolytic capacitors had been the problem. When I got the parts and changed out the bad old ones, I found success! This web site is really onto something! Thanks for making this site and supporting all of us. I'm really happy to learn even more (already) than I knew before about what happens with the caps and bad old glue around them-- on the pcboards, components, and wiring. I expect that my time to resolution for the issue on the amp-powered speaker I need to fix will now be direct and easy.

Thanks!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone,

New member here, looking to repair some old motherboards with visibly blown caps, this seemed like the perfect resource

Cheers!

Comment

Evening all!
                    Just introducing myself...my name is Dennis. Have been in IT for 30+years staring out in component level repair of many old office automation systems (WANG).
                    I'm now needing to get around to the 4 laptops I have sitting around that are suffering from various issues and I heard this was a great place to start.
                    I hope I can provide assistance to other and look forward to some knowledge sharing and good discussion.

Cheers!

Comment

hello! My names Heino Soon, Im from Estonia.

Comment

Trying to make a new post to introduce myself. Not sure if this is going to the right place. Nice to see a board regarding component level repairs. Hope to find some vendor sources to repair broken stuff I come across in my IT consulting world.

Comment

New guy here... Don't know much about circuits, but I'm here to learn..

Comment

Hello, I'm a retired electrical engineer, worked for a national defense contractor for 30 years and designed the landing systems for our fighter jets.........but I now have a Toshiba Laptop that keeps rebooting, model F45-AV412 Qosmio.

It's driving me crazy.......it's not the software and it's not the hard drive or the battery, and it's not the memory, tried all of that already, what I did notice is that it doesn't seem like the fan is working as efficiently as it should, and I did use compressed air to blow it clean to make sure it wasn't dusty. Then I came across this site which seems to point to the possibility of Bad Capacitors.....

Well If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated......

Comment

Hello, everyone!

I'm a firmware engineer, and not versed in power supply design at all, and my oscilloscope started going into a reboot loop that is prevented by removing the backlight. That seems to me like the power supply is the source of the problem... so hopefully I'll be able to find guidance here.

Comment

Hi, I'm Dave from New Hampshire. I have a sick Vizio TV that has an inverter problem. I'm just trained in HS electronics shop class and have worked wonders with a soldering iron and some research. I appreciate the help and info on this forum. My nightmare is in post706713. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Hi all, my name is Justin and I have a Samsung Plasma that decided it hates my guts. I do not take well to electronics attempting to reassert their dominance on my wallet via ex-filtrating my hard earned cash buy dying... In under 2 yrs... So I am here to learn how to attempt to raise my electronic dead and also put a new skill into the toolbox of life.

Comment

Greeting. Glad to be a part of this community of knowledgeable individuals.

Comment

Greetings everyone. Just searching for some helpful info in order to fix my plasma television. Glad to be here.

Comment

I'm confused...I still can't PM anyone...

Comment

Hi. Total noob here. Looking to cut my teeth via fixing my fritzed 55" Samsung. I expect I will need some guidance! Thanks Bad Cappers!

VoltranLI

Comment

Working...
                                          X