X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

I was in Systems Support for 26 years, retired from the corporate world and started a small Home & Small Office Computer Services business.

A number of years ago I purchased an HP Touchsmart IQ775 for my handicapped son, and placed it in the home he lives in with other handicapped roommates. The computer worked great until recently, and now won't post. I really liked this model as it is much sturdier than the newer Touchsmart All-In-One, and sturdy is the name of the game in a handicapped environment. We've pretty much narrowed it down to the motherboard and I am looking for information on fixing it or possibly finding another motherboard for it. I also plan to take older computers and refurbish them to give to the organization that takes care of my son so other handicapped homes can also have computers.

Even though I stumbled upon this forum looking for info on our now defunct Tocuhsmart computer, the site looks like it has a lot of useful information on it.

Comment

Hello everybody!
      I'm new to this forum :-) I want to learn some things from this forum.

Comment

Hello to all in badcaps.net I am new to forums however looking forward to a great experience. I was a cad designer, retired now assembled many computers and I am looking to learn a lot more about board level trouble shooting.

Comment

My name is Doug Taylor. I am retired from being a Maintenance Electrician at General Cable Corp. I have been happly married for 40 years. We have 3 children, 2 boys and 1 girl. We have 5 grand children and they all live right here in Decatur, illinois. 2 of the grand kids, Keagan and Makenna spend most of the summer with me. Some people might think I am nuts, but I would not have it any other way. Right now me and Makenna are trying to fix our Insignia 37 in LCD TV which quit working a week ago. Makenna is 9 and a very bright girl who got all A's on her report card and she is my steady hand helper. I have a slight tremor in my hands and she helps on the stuff I cannot do. Keagan her brother who is 6 also got all A's ,but he is a gammer
          I just received a used Bob Parker ESR K7214 meter today. There was no user manual with it. I am pretty sure it is working ok since it reads a 100 ohm resistor at 99 ohms. When I calabrate it the display has a minus sign in the left display and a 6 in the right display and the 6 keeps flashing on/off until a reading is taken. Is this normal??? Does anybody know if there is a user manual somewhere that I can download?
          Regards
          Doug T

Comment

Originally posted by electrodug View Post
            Does anybody know if there is a user manual somewhere that I can download?
            Doug,

There's documentation available for download at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bobpar/esrmeter.htm
            better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Hey everybody,

I'm Oren from Israel, 28yo, found this great board through Google, while searched for a solution to my E196FPf monitor that suddenly stopped working.
              I prefer to fix what i can at home by myself, it's my hobby and i produce much pleasure doing it (save's a lot of money, too $$$ )
              I really exited to find this board because it seems that there's a lot to learn here.
              I have 2 "dead" monitors that i like to fix (tried to fix them by replacing capacitors but still not working...), hope to get help with that, and help other with my humble experience as much as i can.

see you around

Comment

CtrlAltDel here...

Middle age Mechanical Engineer who *just* got into fixing electrical/electronic things after saving a plasma tv from the landfill. I'm very impressed by what I've seen of this forum so far.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone, Im a 100% diy guy, Ill attempt to fix anthing!! Im actually a scuba diving instructor and a brick n blocklayer.

Comment

Hi All, i`ve been building and repairing pc`s for family and friends for some years now. It is infact my dead plasma tv that brought me here and i`m very glad, as this site has a great deal to offer.
                    Cheers for now Dave..(in sunny Cornwall)

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm a mechanic at a tractor dealer and repair almost everything but cars/light trucks. I recently was given a couple dead UPSs and have been searching badcaps for a solution, or at least a starting point. I'll keep searching a while longer, if I don't find anything soon, I will be asking for help.

Comment

Hi,
                        I was wondering if it would be possible to repair my HP f1523 Monitor. Well, it didn't take long to find this forum and it seems that a repair is fairly straight forward. I'll post the results if/when the monitor is fixed.

Comment

hi i am working on motherboard reparing and electronics filed please feel free to ask me

Comment

Hello everyone. Got a crappy Hanns-g 281D thats blinking in and out and once had pixelated specs all over it till I drained the monitor. But now the screen flashes on and off constantly. I heard it was probably capacitors so I found you by search and here I am looking the guru help to get this thing working again. Im pretty sure this is something I can handle if its just caps.

Comment

Ok guys let me introduce myself.

I'm a 25 years old (born in 85) kid/guy/man who love to mezz around electronic and computer stuff. I have been learning, repairing, manufacturing and designing electronic items for about 10 years by now.

I was graduated with first class upper in computer systems and networking. I do work as a Computer networking engineer. But I love to earn from electronics. Simply because I love electronics and I run my own computer and electronic repair service and computer networking company. OH YES I'm the boss

My programming skills are better than most of other programmers. But its really boring. I don't like to be seated in front of a monitor for a whole day.

I just love to share things I know with others. So If you have anything to ask just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanadu View Post
                                Hi,
                                I was wondering if it would be possible to repair my HP f1523 Monitor. Well, it didn't take long to find this forum and it seems that a repair is fairly straight forward. I'll post the results if/when the monitor is fixed.
                                Originally posted by Barq View Post
                                Hello everyone. Got a crappy Hanns-g 281D thats blinking in and out and once had pixelated specs all over it till I drained the monitor. But now the screen flashes on and off constantly. I heard it was probably capacitors so I found you by search and here I am looking the guru help to get this thing working again. Im pretty sure this is something I can handle if its just caps.
                                GUYS GUYS, Please stick to the right thread and forum
                                THIS thread is to introduce yourselves. MAN... try to understand the meaning of it or else this thread will be another junk.

Comment

Hi there! My name is James and I live in BC Canada. I ran across your forum while googling info on the Bestec ATX-250-12Z. I was attempting to repair my daughter's computer when a spark occurred from a cable for a second hard drive of the HP Media Center touching the power source. Anyway, it doesn't work now and I thought perhaps there may be a fuse inside. But I couldn't see one. However I did see a WARNING: FOR PROTECTION FIRE REPLACE ONLY WITH TYPE AND RATING OF FUSE. Is there a fuse? Also how does one test a power source? Thank you for any help!! James

Comment

Hello new to this forum. Started in electronice with tubes, work an IT dept. Back then it was all analog. I remeber the day our Electronics instructor explained about this company called Intel and that they made a "microprocessor" he went on to explain digital electronics. I leaned over to the guy next to me and said "it will never catch on"

Comment

I hope this is the place to introduce myself, my name is randy and i just joined your forum, it looks like a really good one and i look forward to learning from you all.I am 56 years old and have messed around with electronics a few years. I enjoy troubleshooting and repair,shortwave listening, amateur radio, guitar, and sometimes computers.

Comment

I am new here and just wanted to say hi.

Comment

Originally posted by tronxkid View Post
                                          GUYS GUYS, Please stick to the right thread and forum.
                                          THIS thread is to introduce yourselves. MAN... try to understand the meaning of it or else this thread will be another junk.
                                          And you have just added to the junk by adding your pointless reply. You do your introductions your way, and I'll do them my way.

Comment

Working...
                                          X