This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Glad to find this place, hoping it will provide the cure for my Dell LCD woes

Comment

hello. glad to be part of the bad cap forum. help me fix my 37mf321d tv

Comment

Excited to be able to participate in this forum. I'm having problems with a Dell E153FPb and have found valuable info here. Thanks tons!

Comment

hi
          glad to be part of this forum....work foran amusement companyas a tech repairing arcade games,bartop games etc...all computer based. have lots to offer as well as lots of questions

thanks
          len

Comment

Hi all,

I can remember the day 20 years ago like it was just yesterday when I started repairing Commodore 64's and Sinclair Spectrums to component level - Nothing has changed except the components are now of much better quality but they still fail so that keeps me happy.

Hope to share my knowledge and gain some more with this community.

bfn
            Pedro

Comment

Already found enough info to fix my monitor - excellent source!

Comment

Hi All:

I'm in the process of re-forming a few 3" x 9" electrolytics...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Cheers,
                -Casey

Comment

Nice site, hope it helps me

-Mattew

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello all, have already found useful info on here, now I'm hoping to fix another lcd..... Thanks.

Comment

New to the forum and so i like it. Keep up the good work excellent site!

Comment

Hie! I am a guy who is interested in electronics. I am a teacher by profession. I live in Zimbabwe. Being new in the field of Electronics,I want to learn as much as I possibly can and I hope by joining my first ever forum I will benefit a lot.

Comment

Hallo everybody,
                            I'm part of the allaboutapple museum staff, we like to meet to enjoy ourselves with tech and computer stuff. We have also a repair corner to recover failed donations. I guess I 'll find a lot of infos on how to get back to work some of our "patients".
                            Thanks in advance for the support.

Comment

New here, but not new to component level repairs. I recently acquired about 12 LCDs, from 17" computer monitors to a 32" LCD HDTV. Most, if not all, have symptoms of bad caps, with a couple that i'm not sure of. Hoping you guys can help me keep this stuff out of the landfill =)

Comment

hey everyone!im ready to fix something!

Comment

Hello to all. Really useful tips in the site. Have a bunch of mobos and PSUs to recap.
                                  Still need to learn a lot. Thanks for any advice.

Comment

Hi,

I'm robert, now 40 yrs old, studied electronics/telematics in the 90's. My first computer was a sinclair ZX-81 (4 kb memory), quickly followed up by an extra memory pack of 16kb (!), that was norously badly connected to the system, causing a lot of crashes, after that i moved from sinclair spectrum, msx, commodore vic20, commodore64, commodore amiga 500, amiga 4000, msx-2, doing some coding for the then very alive 'demo' scene in assembly on Z80/6502 processor. After that i got to 286,386,486sx, 486DX4, pentium 75 (clocked once on 120mhz), 133 , 300, dual 350 (oced to 500) , celeron 900 (oced to 1100), and p4 3.2 ghz.
                                    Much of the OCing failed eventualy because the heat dried out the caps on the board, and the power became unstable , but hey, we had fun!

After that i was a freelance it engineer, web designer/modeler, and no time anymore for this pc race. I still do keep my p4 in running condition, (running linux/win7 dual boot) and from time to time i do repair electronics (telephones, radios, tv's, but repairing computer hardware is not something i have put my hand on yet) . Quite recently my strusty receiver gave up, an i found this forum why looking for a cure, i will surely keep this in my favourites. Right now i am living in Cyprus, that is a small island in the medditerranian, above egypt, under turkey, and next to syria.

Hope to get some nice replies now and then,

Regards,

Robert
                                    Last edited by Robertt1971; 04-26-2011, 02:53 PM. Reason: Some more information

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thought I would say hi here,
                                      I'm from ireland, I'm mid twenties.
                                      I work as a Tech Support Engineer, My hobby has been building/installing/fixing computers for about 8 years now. So quite experienced with software problems, No experience with hardware fixes, soldering. Closest I've got to a hardware fix is reseating the heatsink on my GPU

Greeting to all :P

Comment

Just saying hello all.

Comment

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                                          X