X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi guys n gals
    I must admit i've had lots of valuable information regarding component levels repairs of tv's etc from this site and finally got around to signing up in a bid to share and receive even more
    I am from the uk and been repairing tv's laptops for a few years infact i've had a go at just about anything that contains a circuit board.I am by no means an expert but i'm always keen to learn and i'm sure this forum is going to be a massive help along the way.

Comment

Well hi guys! I'm really just a kid that's learned everything he can from Google and is now entering college to study Electrical Engineering. I've had a few years experience learning the ropes, but there's still a world of knowledge I don't know yet. Here's to hoping I can gain a few helpful tips through you, the community! Thanks for listening.

Comment

Heh wow big stories, now about me? I'm just a kid trying to learn how to fix his LCD tv

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Name is Ryan
          30, Maple Valley WA
          Three children, married, IT Professional

I'm so delighted to have discovered this forum! I begin getting into electronics, soldering, modding, and repair work last year and this is apparently a goldmine of information =-)

Hope to interact with many of you during my time here.

Cheers,
          Ryan

Comment

Hi, wondered if you could help?
            My 50" Samsung Plasma has a problem I'm having trouble identifying (Powers on with black screen but with sound through hdmi). First I thought it was the power supply so I changed bad capacitors and checked voltages, everything seems fine with psu so discounted that. X and Y seem fine (Changed a couple of questionable caps on Y-sus. Same scenario. If I adjust the Philips nob on the y-sys (Left Board) I'm able to get the picture fully white still with sound, and get static if I adjust others. At this stage if I unplug either board the picture blanks but sound remains? At a loss now what to check next or which board to replace. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks so much. John

Comment

Hey John in Cyprus here, got fed up with scratching my head trying to fix my TV that I'm finally seeking help (please)! lol
              And suggestions greatly received and I'll see to it that good karma gets you rewarded haha
              Cheers
              John in Cyprus (From England)

Comment

Call me Tony, I have spent about 35 years off and on in intensity fixing various electronic items, from to clocks, lol. Just found a TV in the dumpster that wasn't broken to bits, took it home and started trying to fix it. I googled this forum and am fascinated by how easy it is to fix these big screen TV's... guess I'll be here from now on.

Comment

Hello here from Denmark
                  This forum seems really great. I hope to learn a lot from the members in here. Im starting with troubleshooting my Samsung tv issue. But there are other devices in the house that could need some service

Again thanx

Anders, Denmark

Comment

Hello, Google brought me to this site to try and troubleshoot a misbehaving Samsung LCD. I've played with computers for years, but this is my first foray into TVs/Panels and I'm sure I'm going to learn something along the way.

Thanks,
                    Kevin

Comment

Hello all, I just dabble in electronics because I am too cheap to pay someone else to repair something that I should be able to learn and repair.

If you don't learn something new each day then it is a wasted day.

Comment

Hi all...

I just stopped in to say hi.... I ran across this site while trying to search solutions to an issue with a Sony tv.... I look forward to gaining some knowledge...

Garth

Comment

Hello everyone,i came across Badcaps when i was looking for caps my pc board i can see all the pros here are patient and help in anyway they can.I have no special skills in electronics just love to mess with it,so i will need all the help i can get (lool..)

Looking forward for some fun with you guys,Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hey everyone, I am new to the site. i have been in the automotive industry all my life. general auto repair as well as restoration. I currently work as a tech at an audi dealership. fun and exciting with new technology all the time. thanks .

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Jimmy. I stumbled across this site when trying to trouble shoot a television problem. Looks like a great site with a wealth of information.

Comment

Hello. This is Zach. I was seeking some wealthy information to find a solution to fix my 60 inch LED TV. Wish me luck. :-)

Comment

AH.. introductions.. how I never get around to doing them [and suffer for it apparently as in here]!. Anywho, long story short - 29year old female PC tech who's been a system builder, modder, overclocker for years while been looking more into component repair. Been replacing caps for some time and a long time lurker of the forums here.

Occasionally I'd have questions but then wasn't up to posting the intro.. *grumble* so went through extra work to research it eventually coming up with the answer .. sometimes never such as lack of datasheet access and the sorts *rolls eyes* always the older brands such as Marcon as a fine example of no information.
                                  Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

Seems to be no edit button... would have edited my post otherwise. *grumble*

However, made my first post and still cannot access any details or change anything in profile. Also, further, cannot post any threads either. Strange...
                                    Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

The difficulties you are experiencing are due to the "system" Built in to prevent
                                      avalanche spam. You should be able to use the system fully soon.
                                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hello all from down under!
                                        Having a few issues with a panasonic tv so i thought id join and get some advice from the experts

Comment

Hi,
                                          Im Don from London.

Im having problems with my monitor, so thought Id sign up and ask...

Comment

Working...
                                          X