This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, Paul here, sometimes Polo - with additional Ls to make it an original username.

I've found a handful of threads on this message board that looked helpful and promising at first, but then I exhausted the solutions, so I'm hoping someone can clue me in for the next step...

Cheers!

Comment

I'm here to find a solution for the bios password program so it can be free to all

Comment

I am here because the backlight fuse of my Toshiba Portege z935 p300 is blown (or so I think) and I need help to find it on the motherboard.

Comment

hi. noobies here

Comment

Hello. I'm here to find a solution for the bios password algorithm.

Comment

Newby here, trying to find a solution to my junk TV and googling led me to you guys!

Comment

Hello. I have bought caps from you guys and read your forums just signing up so I can see some stuff.

Comment

Hi, all.
                  I am here because of a Gateway LP2405, and probably because of my Atari 2600 (but that is still in storage), and oh, the list of old Mac's would be too long to go into....

Comment

Hello everybody. I've gotten a lot of helpful information from here over the years. I'm now officially becoming a member.

Comment

My Name is Dave. I had a small repair shop for a number of years (18). caller Dr Dave

I am a retired engineer . I have been in the repair business for a long while. I first started way back when we only had tv's with one channel, I used to help convert them to the new ones by using a brayhead tuner fitted externally.
                      I then joined British Relay as an engineer, progressing to Senior engineer controlling 11 other engineers and four branches. I then joined Rumbelows and then set up my own shop called Dr Dave's. this stood for Direct Audio Visual Electronic Services ( D.A.V.E.S.)

Comment

Hi All! Been coming here for quite some time & have always gotten great information! Looking forward to working with all of you!

Comment

Hello, I just signed to the forum.
                          Im a electronic enthusiast I learn from this site and I hope to contribute with my knowledge.

Comment

Well I have been into electronics for sometime. I have been working in the industrial field for a while now 480 3 phase stuff. Also have been working with various PLC's. I hope I can help anywhere I can.

Comment

Hello,
                              Stumbled onto this forum searching for schematics, found them and here I am. Most of my repair work is with professional audio; power amplfiers, loudspeaker re-cones, instrument amps, etc. Between repairs and live sound system engineering I have been making a living at it since 1990. Thanks for forum that I could actually use!
                              Yeoman

Comment

Hi everyone, computer technician living in Memphis TN. I was given a "broken" plasma TV and I really want to resolve the issue myself. I've always been tech savvy and work everyday in the corporate IT world.

Thanks for starting these forums!

Comment

Newby here, trying to find a solution to my junk TV panasonic p50xt50 and googling led me to you guys!

Comment

Next newby
                                    Google led me here.
                                    I'm from Switzerland and am just searching for a solution for my Problem. And maxbe i will find it here.

Comment

OK,

Pedro Sanchez, from Sao Paulo in Brazil.

Electronics engineer, professor of electronics, too much stubborn to retire :-) , also attorney at law but what I relly like to do is a lot of forensic engineering.

Very happy to participate in this forum.
                                      Pedro L P Sanchez

Comment

Introducing myself to post, although I'll do some searching later anyways to see if I can find an answer.

Name's tom, live in England, although from the states. Here to look at fixing my television first and foremost, but will poke around as well

Comment

Whats up! My name is Paul. I tinker with all sorts of stuff hardware and software related.

Heat shrink rocks, what a good idea.

Right now I'm messing around with a API5ST06 power supply from a 24'' mac. Haven't been able to solve the problem with the motherboard so might turn it into an external display. i understand how to bypass the motherboard and light up the LCD but haven't been able to figure out how to map the pinout of the LM240WU2 SLA1, LG Philips LCD to a DVI/HDMI cable yet. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif

I posted the product spec which should be enough to get me there, just haven't had the time yet to finish it up. Holy smokes! those are some small freakin wires to strip and separate from the shielding...

Fun Stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                          X