X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everyone!!!

Ive recently got into reballing and such and thought i could joint your guys' forum.

Im in the UK Kent area.

And i love all the posts you guys know a lot about pretty much about anything.
    Im hoping soon ill be able to help everyone as much as i can.

Greadt threads!!!!

Love the forum

Comment

Well don't I feel inadequate after reading all your intros!

I'm not an electronics professional in any way, I just like to tinker with things.

I am pleasantly surprised to find that a lot of you guys cut your teeth on the Commodore64 and similar machines. I own about 15 C64's (no joke) and a crate load of other stuff like Amigas, Vic20, C16, ZX Spectrum, Atari 2600 etc.

I'm married with 5 kids, 1 dog, 3 Parrots and a tortoise!

Comment

Hi, my name is Orlando. I had taken electronic courses about 8 years back and never used my knowledge until now that my grown up children are leaving dead LED TV's in my garage. I thought it is time to start using what I learned on troubleshooting TV's

Comment

Hello All, I joined today due to a lot searching for this TV I have been trying to fix due to a very unclear picture and came upon this site/forum and was impressed by all the knowledge and help with other members issues. I'm a person that tries to fix things first before throwing the towel in and buying new. looks like a very nice forum to be a part of.

Comment

Hi guys am new to bad caps and new to electronics but willing to learn

Comment

Hello!
              Systems engineer who enjoys fixing things I have no clue how to fix! Hoping to get some knowledge from senior and professional members, and hope to pass that info on in the future. More than willing to help without with any computer/server related issues as well!

Comment

Hello. My name is Danny and I live in LA, California. I've had an "engineer's mind" (wanting to know how things work) since I was a young boy.
                Prying into old radios or tvs to try and repair or "improve" them has been a hobby. That and being too cheap to spring for a brand new appliance or electonic device at the first sign of trouble with the old one.
                I'm now working on an LG 42" Plasma tv I purchased a few years ago. I'll see if I can find a link about this model and go from there.
                I appreciate the help, fellas.

Comment

hello

I'm Tarfagno. Electronic repair for computer and television from italy

nice to meet you

BR

Comment

Brodie Davis, Teenage geek

I've gotta kinda long one, hope someone reads it! :P

Well, My name is Brodie Davis, and I am an (almost) 18 year old with lots of ambitions!! I have always enjoyed tinkering, like the majority of people here I'm sure, and a few years ago I really got into repairs. (I think my Xbox broke, so I fixed it, and decided this electronics thing could be fun!) Anyhow, every since I've worked on anything I can get my hands on. Lots of computers, Stereos, laptops, Monitors (Lots of capacitors... lol), A TV or two.

I am planning to attend my local community college in the fall for computer science, But what I really look forward to is going to Penn State for Computer and Electrical Engineering Technology. I can't get enough of playing with circuits and learning how they work, and so I'm super excited to enter college. I'm about to build a 3D LED cube as my next big project, should be interesting

Anyhow, that's my short Bio, An ambitious teenager takin' life one day at a time!
                    -BD

Comment

Re: Brodie Davis, Teenage geek

Originally posted by rudedog9d View Post
                      I've gotta kinda long one, hope someone reads it! :P

Well, My name is Brodie Davis, and I am an (almost) 18 year old with lots of ambitions!! I have always enjoyed tinkering, like the majority of people here I'm sure, and a few years ago I really got into repairs. (I think my Xbox broke, so I fixed it, and decided this electronics thing could be fun!) Anyhow, every since I've worked on anything I can get my hands on. Lots of computers, Stereos, laptops, Monitors (Lots of capacitors... lol), A TV or two.

I am planning to attend my local community college in the fall for computer science, But what I really look forward to is going to Penn State for Computer and Electrical Engineering Technology. I can't get enough of playing with circuits and learning how they work, and so I'm super excited to enter college. I'm about to build a 3D LED cube as my next big project, should be interesting

Anyhow, that's my short Bio, An ambitious teenager takin' life one day at a time!
                      -BD
                      I forgot to mention I built a full workshop in a separate room of my house for all my tinkering. Also, I sleep on the couch cause I turned my old bedroom into storage with shelving for stuff. Just thought that was a nice little tidbit :P

-BD

Comment

Hello from France!

I have read some posts on this forum and as I have some problem with my LCD Samsung, I come in!!!
                        I have some skills in electronics, but I don't know the TV electronics, more the "arduino" and other boards like this.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello from the south of England. I found your forum after searching for ideas with a TV fault I have. The information I have already found on this site has been amazing.
                            I'm an electronics engineer who still loves to dabble and will try and fix anything before sending it to the recycling center. Many items I have fixed have been cheap capacitors running their short life.

Comment

Hello from Montenegro

Comment

Hi there. Denis from California here. I joined the forums to try to repair my 2005 Panasonic plasma. Hope I can rescue it from landfill!

Comment

Hello out there. Matt from Scottsdale, Arizona here. Just trying to find out how i can possibly save my 46" samsung rear projection dlp tv.

Comment

I Am a noob. Wit very, very limited knowledge. But I do have a son who is nearly finished his masters in EE. I am joining because I have an LG plasma with no sound or picture. And there seems to be a wealth of information here. I hope that is okay.

Comment

Hello from a little frenchy.

My Dell 3008WFP poweroff yesterday. I saw some interesting infos in the forum so I join. I hope it will work

Comment

Hi, I live in Southern California and came across this forum troubleshooting my TV. I have already learnt a lot from here and this is great forum. Cheers!

Comment

Hi guys, my name is Thom and I live in Southern California and have worked with a broad variety of electronics all of my life. Having worked with software and hardware integrated systems for nearly 40 years, I still love designing and building prototypes most of all. I read the posts on this forum and see a lot of talent here and know I am in the right place to find help to repair my Samsung TV (LN-S3251D). It just might be a bad cap, the picture looks like it is on LSD as the disply takes about 10 seconds to update a still frame as the previous frame slowly fades away. Anyway I hope we can help each other and enjoy the knowledge as we go forward.

Comment

Working...
                                          X